Operation Trinity - Scharnhorst and Brest rather than the nuclear tests

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WATU

Airman 1st Class
Sep 1, 2019
Operation Trinity

This is the RAF operation against the Scharnhorst and the Gneisenau while they were in Brest in 1941. Not actually a direct aircraft question as such but given the depth of knowledge on the forum I thought I would pose it on behalf of a friend.

He is trying to analyse the effectiveness of the RAF bombing. His question is whether ships logs exist for both/either vessel or perhaps port logs of ship movements.

Anybody able to help? Many thanks.

Operation Trinity

This is the RAF operation against the Scharnhorst and the Gneisenau while they were in Brest in 1941. Not actually a direct aircraft question as such but given the depth of knowledge on the forum I thought I would pose it on behalf of a friend.

He is trying to analyse the effectiveness of the RAF bombing. His question is whether ships logs exist for both/either vessel or perhaps port logs of ship movements.

Anybody able to help? Many thanks.
I assume that with the usual German thoroughness such logs were kept. I know the Scharnhorst sea-going logs were extremely detailed, even down to listing the number of antiaircraft rounds fired, and of which calibers. I think the Imperial War Museum in London has them.

Allan

I assume that with the usual German thoroughness such logs were kept. I know the Scharnhorst sea-going logs were extremely detailed, even down to listing the number of antiaircraft rounds fired, and of which calibers. I think the Imperial War Museum in London has them.

Allan
Good lead, thanks Allan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back