P-38

What is better? SpitFire or Corsair

• Spitfire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corsair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shuvlhead

Recruit
Feb 22, 2014
Northeast Michigan
Hello all from NE Michigan, USA. I am new here and belong to several forums here and there mostly for hot rods. My current build uses many parts from the RAF Spitfires and Lancasters so I was looking for seat drawings to fab up some seats for my little hot rod and ran into this forum as a lead in the quest. Additionally, I find the topics here interesting. I am writing this to not only introduce myself but as an inquiry as to what a p-38 pilots seat would look like. I have a pilots seat bought off of Fleebay some time ago and based on the small plastic model examples I can find the seat I have came from a p-38. I can post some photos at a later date. For now does anyone have any photos of one or have one in a collection they can photograph? I do know that once I get some seat drawing I plan on selling the Pilots Seat I have but want to first identify it so it can be roughly valued.

Cheers, Shuvlhead :p

Welcome...

What model Spitfire and what model F4U?

spitfire-i-compass-swinging-721083.jpg

800px-AU-1_Corsair_in_flight_1952.jpg

Corsair will fly loops around a Spitfire any day of the week. Hands down eat it alive in all variants. Spitfire is pretty and the bent winged devil ain't so much, BUT ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG! That's what I'm saying, Only the good die young!

Corsair will fly loops around a Spitfire any day of the week. Hands down eat it alive in all variants. Spitfire is pretty and the bent winged devil ain't so much, BUT ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG! That's what I'm saying, Only the good die young!

And you make that statement based on? Maybe only the good die young? :rolleyes:

The Mk.XIV Spitfire was 30 mph faster than the F4U-1, climbed faster, weighed less, had a lower wing loading, a higher service ceiling and IMO was better armed (2 20mm cannons and either 4 .303 or 2 .50s) The only thing the early Corsair had over the late Spit was range, so again tell me, you make that statement based on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back