P-38J lightning

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
This is the Revell 1/48 scale Lockheed P-38J lightning. this one I must say I'm very proud of. it has taken me 3 days to complete this one. I was actually in no hurry to see it finished. I'm surprised at how well she came out.

as you can see, she is in the painting scheme of Marge. as y'all know this is the plane of the top scoring American Ace in WWII. I think I did well on te gun bay, eh?

P-38J Lightning by ~Jandreau on deviantART

I'm afraid my monitor screen is nowhere near big enough to accommodate the pics! Can see a prop spinner in one shot, and gun muzzles in the other.
Think you need to downsize the images!!!

lol thank you, peeps!

hehe thanks, you guys! it literally took me all week to complete these two. I didn't rush them or anything!

Rob, I dont know why u keep using deviantart for posting ur pics.... I can barely make out any details... Would u please consider posting the pics on ur specific thread for us to view... More than 2 pics per model would be appreciated...

As for ur model, it looks great from what I can see.... To criticize, I would say that maybe if u used some tape on ur canopy rail and frames, it might give u the edge on making these model fantastic... I could tell from that one shot that u freehanded the painting...

Agreed,I recently masked my 1/72 Hasegawa p-38 canopy ,took ages but if you don't you risk screwing the model

came out really well

plus painting wise on most models it's essential

Agree with Les' and 109. If you think that masking is a bit difficult, try this;
Use Tamiya masking tape, and put a length onto a smooth surface, eg, glass, 'Formica' worktop etc. Paint it the colour of the framework and, when dry, cut 'slices' the width required for the canopy framework. Place these in position, rub down with the edge of your fingernail or the back of a blunt blade. When satisfied they stuck down firmly, seal in place with a thin coat of gloss varnish, or Johnson's Klear (Future, in the 'States). If required, carefully paint the 'frame' in matt varnish. Voila! Neat, straight frames!
If you're having problems sizing your pics, take the tip from Wurger etc, download Irfanview, it's free, and dead easy to use. Just select 800 pixels as the first size, and the 'system' does the rest. The size works well, and you can easily re-size again for other applications if you need to.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back