P-39 n-0 vs yak 9

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yak-9 was one of the better fighters of WWII. It was fast and maneuverable at low-to-medium altitudes, was available in numbers, and was reliable.

It had no CG problem as the P-39 did when the ammunition was empty, and was conventional gear, which was WAY better suited to Soviet airfields, and was more maneuverable in general.

It had almost twice the range of a P-39 on internal fuel. What's not to like about the Yak-9?
It didnt have a door, I like doors, especially if they have leaded lights and a bell.

You want the P-39 to be the best then? Comparing the best P-39 to the worst Yak-9, that isnt how the Russians did things.
i asked because the were equal in war thunder an i wanted to know in real life if they were equal

i asked because the were equal in war thunder an i wanted to know in real life if they were equal
Does war thunder always compare the best example of one type with the worst example of another based on national origin?

Does war thunder always compare the best example of one type with the worst example of another based on national origin?
it is done for balancing so they can make the models as historical as they can and still have a fair fight

The Russians somehow managed to get the Germans to fight at low to modest altitudes, where the P-39 wasn't disadvantaged. And the Russians used the advantages of the P-39, such as up close and personal with that 37mm cannon, decent low altitude speed and a decent turn radius. I'm sure some Germans knew to stay away from their opponents strengths, but maybe an overly enthusiastic command structure ordered their pilots to in affect throw away their planes' advantages.
yeah that's what i read plus it had superior performce

it is done for balancing so they can make the models as historical as they can and still have a fair fight
What on earth is a fair fight? No one on any side in WW2 was interested in a fair fight, from the first days of air combat the idea was to shoot your opponent in the back or just blow him out of the sky.

What on earth is a fair fight? No one on any side in WW2 was interested in a fair fight, from the first days of air combat the idea was to shoot our opponent in the back or just blow him out of the sky.
bro they do it so i-16s don't go against bf109s to make the games more competitive and keeps you on the edge of your seat since you aren't in the middle of a combat situation also the matchups are pretty historical (obviously not entirely)

but they are historical in that sm.79s fall apart after exceeding around 500 km/h
and most bf109s can complete a circle in under 20s

So?! Do you have adverse yaw with an engine out on the SM.79? How much rudder to you have to input on take off with the 109?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back