P-40B MTO Markings.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The MTO GB commences on the First August and ends on 31st October.But I'm not sure .I'll check.

OK. Ask Airframes about the MTO deadline. I think the build can last longer than it was initially said.

Okay very good! I'll ask Terry tomorrow!

Well I'm going to go read my book "The Longest Winter" by Alex Kershaw. About I and R platoon. 18 men defending a valuable hill in Lanzerath (Proper spelling?) , Belgium and found themselves against the spearhead of a German attack of more than 500 soldiers. Have a nice night and a good day if I don't talk to you tomorrow!

Last edited:
Thank you Harrison. I wish you the same. I'll be a little bit busy tomorrow but I'll try to be on as well.

I know I shouldn't force you to anything and I didn't want to talk about the P-40 camo scheme but I suggest painting the model with the camo pattern.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/at...820d1250634828-p-40b-mto-markings-p-40b_2.jpg

What do you think?

No this is a RAF 112 Squadron in Egipt in 1941.

These camo scheme is standard Mid Stone/Dark Earth/ Azure Blue for MTO.

OK. Also you will need the dull red paint for the spinner and quite dark grey for the code letter.

The red should be fine, you can always add a drop of the dark earth (brown) to that and the effect will be the dull red.
The grey , look at the profile, you will know.But it will be needed at the finish.

Do you mean the dull red? If yes you don't need to get it.It will be enough if you mix the red and dark borwn. About the mixture ratio we will talk later.

If you have the brown earth paint it is OK. If not it is also no problem becuase you can mix red and black and get a nice brown colour.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back