P-40B MTO Markings.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No Mate it wouldn't, also you don't need an airbrush for that.

Okay! I will ask her. Thanks for the links! What are the main colours of the Italian camo, like in Picture 2 what colors are being used. I know it sounds dumb, but I am color blind, so I can't tell myself. LOL. Thanks again!

It is difficult to say. Italians used a few colours that were of different tonalities. For instance the green paint was of three tonalities The brown of two as I remember and the sand was of three too. I have to check.

Here you go, the info your requested in your email, from the book P-40 warhawk in detail by squadron singal vol 61

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 140
Couple things I got from my library that may be useful.

Pic 1: Profiles in the book, theres another page.
Pic 2: A British P-40D that was used in Eygpt
Pic 3: A cut away diagram of a P-40
Pic 4: 2 of 30 pages with info on the P-40.

Attachments

• 102_3983.JPG
    102_3983.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 102_3984.JPG
    102_3984.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 105
  • 102_3985.JPG
    102_3985.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 102_3986.JPG
    102_3986.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 105
Looking good Harrison. But a short note only. Most of these you posted here are the later variants of P-40, including the cutaway of P-40 ,. For the reason these can't be used for your model because of a difference between them.

:lol: Ah, nothing seems to go my way. Anything that can go wrong with go wrong. I think when Revell made this kit it was intended for the Flying Tigers only..... Now i'm having serious thoughts whether to continue with this or not. ugh.

I can't agree with you , I'm afraid. There is always a choice...... The fact that there can be something wrong with the kit can't be the reason for giving up.
What is more you have the possibility of makink it without any problems. P-40B/C is P-40B/C this is a basic thing. You have RAF insignia. This is a lot. The whole rest is piece of cake.

Okay, a point. But in my case it'll be my second painted model, don't have proper decals, very few British P-40's were of the B variant. I'm going to give it a try but I'm sure it'll be entered in the GB.

This will be interesting :(

Plus looking at the schedule it says it's over in September, is that correct?

Last edited:
Decals aren't a problem. You have these major markings.The rest can be make by yourself. Just follow slowly all instructions.Do you want to make a model in one day or you want to be a nice young man who can be considered a good modeler? I know you are afraid of the final effect of your work. But even if the model can be slapdash made no one here will say " give your modelling up and go away from here". Trust yourself Harrison and head up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back