P-47 Bubble top Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oppenheimer

Airman
May 16, 2013
this was my first run with alclad paints, it turned out ok

_MG_5781.jpg

_MG_5785.jpg

_MG_5787.jpg

_MG_5790.jpg

_MG_5800.jpg

_MG_5804.jpg

_MG_5810.jpg

Fantastic work!!
I had a bad experience with Alclad the first time I tried it a number of years ago but seeing the results you got, I should give it another try. what did you use as a primer? I think that's where I went wrong.

T-bolt, the primer i use was model master gloss black very diluted and apllied in several coats till you get the black yuo want, let it dry for at least 3 days, and then you can use the alclad

I'll have to try that. I used the Alclad black primer and when the aluminum went on it cracked all over the place and I haven't used Alclad since. Maybe I had a bad bottle of the primer. Was the Model Master enamel or acrylic?

Love it. How about you join a group build and plop yourself in the advanced category? Costs you nothing but a trip to the hobby shop and hopefully you'll get some fun out of it.

Can you tell us which Alcad shades you used? I see at least 2 there.

in the fuselage i used only 2 shades of alclad, in the wings i used 4 shades, right now the only one i remember is Polished Aluminum, the other 3 i can't remember i builded 2 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back