P-47 Thunderbolt Manual's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well here's the conundrum...The training manual, Razorback and D-25 through -35 operating notes already are PDFs. However, the files are locked and the first page is the commercial vendor's contact information including a warning that the page is copyrighted. I don't think I can redistribute the PDFs in their current form if this cover page is embedded. I've been uploading screen captures I processed through PhotoShop as a workaround.

If you have advice as to what size/resolution/format/compression each page should be to make a good PDF book I'll start sending you screen captures. Same goes for the P-47N operating manual whenever I get around to digitizing it.

Hi Skycat, as far as copy write goes I dont mess with them but if you post pictures like you did I can make them into a pdf like the one below. Take a look below at the file I created with your posted pictures and see what you think.

Attachments

• P-47 AAF Manual.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,606
Very cool Skycat, Im off to EAA airventure part of today and tommorrow but will try and work on them later tonight when I get home depending on how tired I am.

Again Many Thanks in Advance

Hi Skycat, I got this one done, not as good as the first one but you are still able to read it except maybe the last few pages. I just seen your other link of higher quality. I will make a new one on that one maybe tommorrow.

Attachments

• RP-47B C and P-47D G.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,868
I'm surprised by how legible those PDFs are, considering the images came from the MySpace page.

Sorry for the confusion. I edited too much out of my last couple of posts as I updated the links. Originally I said that I was going to re-upload to Photobucket to maintain a higher resolution and quality. I also turned all of the pages sideways because I think otherwise PhotoBucket will resize vertical images to fit within horizontal rectangle parameters.

Not a manual, but a brochure.
MEET PETER-47
THE THUNDERBOLT
interesting information, probably published in 1944

Regards

Ron

Republic P-47 N Thunderbolt

This link is not working.
I didn't know if their was an alternate source ?
----------------

I am enjoying the heck out of myself going through these manuals. :)

Wheels

Thanks to all for uploaded files. They are great. I'm trying to build an accurate P-47D model at the moment. Does somebody have P-47D parts catalog to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back