P-47D Elieen Academy 1/72 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
HI to all

After short pause, finished one more Academy Jug. P-47 from the 84th FS, 78th FG located in England, Autumn of 1944.
Colors Tamiya, used british colors - dark green and sky, what was main reason why i started this plane, looking very interesting side by side with US olive drab thunderbolts.
Regarding model which is already very well known, out of box built with small addition of belts maid from aluminum foil, replaced gun-sight. shortened landing gears.....Cowling is hand painted (as decals just broke, i was not able to follow the curve so.... checkers could be done much better, as i said my impatience led to mistakes, which are very visible....but i can live with them, ). Weathering - artist oil paints and chipping was hold on minimal, as those planes was quite new and fresh repainted in England upon arrival.

So comment and critics as always welcomed. I hope you like this beast, i enjoyed building it.
Best regards

P47Deil8_zpswwtpct84.jpg

P47Deil13_zpsbof97v1s.jpg

P47Deil7_zpsryy1yw5s.jpg

P47Deil4_zpsxep5hqec.jpg

P47Deil6_zps512h67gk.jpg

P47Deil14_zps64aj5wlc.jpg

Nice one.
I'm not 100% sure without checking my reference pics, but I think this aircraft was painted at Duxford using British paints - Dark Green and Sky. But it looks good all the same. The main gear legs look a touch too vertical, but that might be the camera angle or lens.

HI to all

After short pause, finished one more Academy Jug. P-47 ...
So comment and critics as always welcomed. I hope you like this beast, i enjoyed building it.
Best regards....

Looks great.

An open question to all Jug experts. IMO Academys nose/front end looks a bit to rounded to me. Am I wrong?

\\Dan

Th Academy 1/72 scale kits have a lot of mistakes made. And it is possible the engine cowling is of incorrect shape. However it the case it might be a trick caused by the B&W checkered decal there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back