Evan you're right about that but you know I wonder why. We hear about car wrecks with fatalities or a house fire with fatalities and it doesn't hit us like a warbird crash does it? Even an airliner crash doesn't seem to hit as deeply. At least not according to the reactions I've witnessed these many years in aviation. What is it about a warbird that strikes such a deep cord? Now I heard about the crash just moments after it happened, I mean the wreckage was still burning when we got the call at work from someone we know who was there. That was about 1520 and until 1600 you could hear a pin drop in the hangar and the strange part is that I'm the only real warbird nut there. I wonder if it's because of all the other history that is recalled when we see one of these machines. Especially here in this forum. What drew us all here but the facination with WW2 and the aircraft that flew then? All these thoughts came to mind within seconds of hearing the news. But I've thought about it so much more since then. This is what I think is why we react the way we do. These warbirds, these machines of a dark era past evoke thoughts of the young, sometimes gallant, sometimes fearful airmen who flew in them, who flew with them, who flew against them, who cheered as they flew overhead and those who prayed they would not pass this way again.