P-51 props (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually you can build a 67 Camaro or 67 Mustang right now, there is a company that sells assembled shells, made from reproduction parts. But the price for that shell is about what you're quoting about $15,000-17,000. But that's just a shell. No Suspension, no drivetrain, no windows, interior, no nothing but body shell.
If you took that body shell, and did all the work yourself, all the additional parts, unless you found a lot of used, unrestored parts, would at least triple the price, i've heard of nobody who's done it for less than $50,000.
If you're interested, look up Dynacore, it's one of the corporations doing this. Several other bodies than just 67 Camaro and Mustang too.

I know you can get a '57 Chevy convertible that way, all the way up to a turn-key model. Don't know how much they are though. Of course a hand built car is a totally different breed than one off a production line.

Plus they mounted plenty of them on Cessnas for real, but on a Cessna A-37.
Yes, the beefed up T-37, already a tough bird, and powered by non-afterburning T-38 engines could carry almost the same load as a B-17, although not as far. :D. I think it would have been a fun aircraft to fly, if you like ground attacking missions, a historically dangerous job classification.

They made version of the T-37 with a internal minigun, plus it could haul 2 SUU-11/a minigun pods.
A possible 300 rounds a second.
Even though the mingun was usually fired at a lower rate, like 66, or 33 rounds a second.

They made version of the T-37 with a internal minigun, plus it could haul 2 SUU-11/a minigun pods.
A possible 300 rounds a second.
Even though the mingun was usually fired at a lower rate, like 66, or 33 rounds a second.

The A-37.

One was bought into NZ, complete with the minigun still in the nose. Customs cleared it, and when the local firearms control officer came out for a look out of personal interest (apparently he was a Vietnam Vet) he pretty quickly seized the barrel. Apparently it takes standard ammunition, so I heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back