P-51D detail

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

chook

Airman 1st Class
Mar 24, 2008
Sydney
Hi all

I'm new to this and not too computer savvy so be patient with me. I'm a total nut for all things WW2 with wings and love to make them too (but am stuck on second stage of PS2 Heroes of the Pacific!). I'm doing a 1/32 Hasegawa P-51D (Big Beautiful Doll) and have heaps of photos of the plane itself inside and out but would really love a colour picture of what the pilots of the day wore so I can maintain as much accuracy as possible.

When I figure out how I'll post some of my previous models.

Chook(dont ask why!)

ok i wont ask why the name chook and why are you stuck on the second level of Heroes of the Pacific, the stage where your the PBY-5 is the level i got stuck on just PM me and i will give you some help on it

Attachments

• 21st_Century_Toys_WWII_P_51_Fighter_Pilot_9th_Airforce_Toy.jpg
    21st_Century_Toys_WWII_P_51_Fighter_Pilot_9th_Airforce_Toy.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 309
Thanks all for your responses. Much appreciated. I have enough now to make my little man real. RE chook; You get to choose lots in life but never your nickname. Think American Pie but note that it was dead and I was young. I'm self employed and you guessed it Chook Enterprises Pty Ltd. Advertising gold I tell you. Talk soon.

Thanks all you guys for pictures and the warm welcome. I took a picture of my prized and heavily guarded model cabinet for you all to see but a combination of after work beer and my computer illiteracy prevented it from being displayed. Soon I promise!

Modelcabinet.gif

Close ups coming. I should have known better than to show a quantity photo as opposed to a quality photo. Talk soon.

Hey! I got that P-51 Pilot for Christmas two years ago!

He is pretty cool. I also have a George Taylor Pilot from dragon. He's really detailed. But he would fly a P-40.
new%20pilot0009.JPG

Here is a reenactor in front of a P-51. I don't know if his outfit is accurate, or even if he would fly a P-51 or some other plane.

Attachments

• mustang pilot.jpg
    mustang pilot.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back