P38 Pilots name for the F-35.

Is Strikehawk a stupid name for the F-35 or not?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter, why should I laugh with him about an idea of mine? All im saying is that whenever I say or do something, its always turned against me. Laughing at myself will make it out like im a fool. Its easier said when your not in my position

P38 Pilot said:
It wont sound like shithawk. You know, I had an opinion of what it should be called. Its not like their going to name it Strikehawk. Its jsut that when ever I make a suggestion, Alder distorts it and turns anything I say against me and brings other people in as well.

Look Alder, its my opinion. You may not like it but you didnt have to make a thread critizing my opinion on what the F-35 should be named.

Actually the term Sh*t Hawk was not originally from Adler, it was from the canadian members, because we Canucks all remember Mr Lahey's little speech to Bubbles and Ricky about the Sh*t Hawks spearheading the The Sh*t storm

Strikehowk isnt a terrible name, Its better than the other 2, but its not amazing. If you wanna carry on the bird theme go prehistoric, like Pterodactyl or Archeopteryx or something ;)

102first_hussars said:
You know originally they were gonna name the F-22 the 'Superstar' but decided to switch to Raptor, I think the F-35 Superstar has a decent ring to it.

Superstar!?!?!?! Why not just paint it pink and have big hearts for roundels aswell!

Actually its not Sh*t Hawk its pronounced Shyt Hawk, ask any vet from the north Africa campaign and they'll tell you all about the Shyt Hawks that kept nicking their grub.

P38 the only reason you get picked on is cause you bite. ignore it.
I'm only saying that because if you are still serious about becoming a squaddie your life will be total toilet if you are not thick skinned. It's bad enough in civvy life when you start work but a bunch of pumped up crap hats (anyone soldier not in the paras (their phrase not mine)) will crucify you.

102first_hussars said:
You know originally they were gonna name the F-22 the 'Superstar' but decided to switch to Raptor, I think the F-35 Superstar has a decent ring to it.

The F-22 was originally going to be called Lightning 2 as well, that's what everyone was calling it around the mid to late 90s. I have reference books from the time with that name and there was even a computer game with the same name.
IGN: F-22 Lightning 3

The F-16 is officially the Fighting Falcon, which is crap, so it ends up being called the Viper by many people instead.

Or the A-10A Thunderbolt, actually not that bad of an official name, but slightly inappropriate for the aircraft, so it ends up as Warthog instead, which is more fitting in a way.

Then the F-111 which is apparently the Aardvark, which is ridiculous, and ends up being called the Pig instead.

I still think Storm is the best name for the F-35 and Strike Hawk isn't that stupid, the F-15E is the Strike Eagle after all.

trackend said:
Actually its not Sh*t Hawk its pronounced Shyt Hawk, ask any vet from the north Africa campaign and they'll tell you all about the Shyt Hawks that kept nicking their grub.

P38 the only reason you get picked on is cause you bite. ignore it.
I'm only saying that because if you are still serious about becoming a squaddie your life will be total toilet if you are not thick skinned. It's bad enough in civvy life when you start work but a bunch of pumped up crap hats (anyone soldier not in the paras (their phrase not mine)) will crucify you.

Good point. But a little bite woundn't be bad at times...:)

Hunter368 said:
P-38 you need to relax. Chris is just fooling with you. You are getting all worked up over nothing. Chris is just laughting his butt off at your responses b/c of the way you react to them. The answer to that is simple..... don't react all ticked off. Roll with it, joke with him, laugh at yourself, ignore it. Everytime you react it just makes him laugh and want to do it more.

As a side you note you will never win vs him b/c he holds all the cards. He is older, wiser, smarter, worldly (that does count lol) and above all he is a MOD. Just relax! I say this to you not to be rude or insulting but to try and help you. If someone if this world gets to you simply don't let them, or else you are letting them win.

Relax Dude, smile, laugh, respond with a witty comment, think about what you say before you say it, but never get mad b/c if you do you have lost already.

Thankyou, I could not have said it better. The only reason I pick on P38 is because of the way he reacts. It is funny and a good laugh. If he did not let me get to him, I would not pick on him.

P38 Pilot said:
Good point. But a little bite woundn't be bad at times...:)

P38 the only reason I pick on you is because you make it so easy. The way your present yourself in some threads like an all knowing being when you really dont know what you are talking about makes it real easy. Also when I pick on you, you get all butt hurt like a woman! If you were not so easy to pick on, I would not do so.

Oh and Trackened made a very good point and take this from my experience, if you are letting me get to you so much then you will in now way form or fashion make in the military. What I am doing is 100% the military way of life except that in the military it is 100 times worse and more vulgar. If you get your panties in a bunch from this little bit of poking fun at you, then you are either going to:

1. Run and cry to Drill SGT "Please Drill SGT I want to go home! Where is my Mommy!"

2. Kill Yourself.

3. Not have any friends in the army and have a very miserable life, especially when you are deployed to a combat zone.

Ok, ok. I get it now. Their just jokes anyway. But Alder, I wish you knew me in real life because I dont give up easily. I just have a short temper thats all.

DerAlderIstGelandet said:
Oh and Trackened made a very good point and take this from my experience, if you are letting me get to you so much then you will in now way form or fashion make in the military. What I am doing is 100% the military way of life except that in the military it is 100 times worse and more vulgar. If you get your panties in a bunch from this little bit of poking fun at you, then you are either going to:

1. Run and cry to Drill SGT "Please Drill SGT I want to go home! Where is my Mommy!"

2. Kill Yourself.

3. Not have any friends in the army and have a very miserable life, especially when you are deployed to a combat zone.

Yes sir. I know you may not be an officer, but this is a "sir" response of respect. Even though it may not seem like it at times, Im a tough individual. I do have a lot of friends and I can make friends very easily because I have found when I am funny and not so stern people come to like me. Im sorry of me being"naive and childish' and Im sorry. I quess I needed a slap in the face to wake me up out of being a foolish little ***-hole.

Thankyou Alder and others.

Oh and just as a sidenote, im not the kind of person to quit either. If i have to do something for my personel being or other people, I dont let them down. I get whatever it is done.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
P38 the only reason I pick on you is because you make it so easy. The way your present yourself in some threads like an all knowing being when you really dont know what you are talking about makes it real easy. Also when I pick on you, you get all butt hurt like a woman! If you were not so easy to pick on, I would not do so.

2. Kill Yourself.

I think its defensive thing, he probably gets picked on alot in school, thats why he yearns to be in the military because people will finally respect him,I used to be the same way, but Highschool will change all of that, because he'll finally realize how the older kids are non mercifull and will f**k him up if he rats them out, it will make him realise the only way people will start treating him better is if he changes his behaviour.

P38 Pilot said:
Oh and just as a sidenote, im not the kind of person to quit either. If i have to do something for my personel being or other people, I dont let them down. I get whatever it is done.

P-38 I don't think you are a quitter and I do believe you are a tough kid. You at last count have over 1600 posts here, a fair number of those have been hard on you, if you were a quitter or a weak person you would of left a lonnnnnnnng time ago like so many others have.

Temper? yes
Naive? yes
Fast to speak with out thinking? yes
Loyal to your country? yes
Tough ? yes
Smarter than average kid your age? yes

Don't give up kid, stick with it.

You have eared some respect from me for admitting you were wrong. It takes a Man to admit when he was wrong. Well done.

Thanks Hunter.

Hussars, you are right. I used to get picked on when I was younger. But now, everything has turned positive with me in High School. Im friends with some of the more popular kids, I have earned a very good reputation from people, I just dont seem to show here on the website. And when it comes down to being loyal to my friends, I wouldn't rat them out unless it involved people getting hurt or killed. But thank god I have a good group who friends who are there for me as I am for them.

I like this website because even though at times its tough, I always learn something new from people in the U.S. and other countries.

Hey, I see what Alder is doing. He's toughing me up. I am a little defensive because I dont like it when people walk all over me. But its life.

this's all getting very emotional someone really needs to post about beer or breasts to get us back to normal :-k

Hunter368 said:
P-38 I don't think you are a quitter and I do believe you are a tough kid. You at last count have over 1600 posts here, a fair number of those have been hard on you, if you were a quitter or a weak person you would of left a lonnnnnnnng time ago like so many others have.

Temper? yes
Naive? yes
Fast to speak with out thinking? yes
Loyal to your country? yes
Tough ? yes
Smarter than average kid your age? yes

Don't give up kid, stick with it.

You have eared some respect from me for admitting you were wrong. It takes a Man to admit when he was wrong. Well done.

Agreed 100%

the lancaster kicks *** said:
this's all getting very emotional someone really needs to post about beer or breasts to get us back to normal :-k

Okay so no **** (this is actually true). You want to talk about titties and beer. Okay it has nothing to do with titties but it includes beer. :lol:

Me and my wife went to a beer garden today with some german friends and as soon as we sat down and I ordered my beer, I saw (you could not help but notice 8) ) this very cute brunette sitting at a table across from us in a short mini skir with her legs slightly open. Well she shifted in her seat and you could see right up her skirt and she was not wearing any panties. I started to look away (mind you my wife is sitting next to me) but I had to take a second glance because well lets face it, it is not every day that you see a very cute brunette flashing her not so bearded clam at you! :lol:

Well anyhow my wife saw this and she gave me this look and then just started laughing telling me and our german friends that men will allways be men!

She did have nice breasts too, so actually it was a story about titties and beer!

:lol: :lol:

Ive seen Trish Stratus up close, her tits are that big big she has such a small body I could hold her in the palm of my hand, for those of you who dont know who Trish Stratus is this is her

Attachments

• ZS034-Trish_Stratus.jpg
    ZS034-Trish_Stratus.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 752

Users who are viewing this thread

Back