P38 Pilots name for the F-35.

Is Strikehawk a stupid name for the F-35 or not?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wildcat said:
Hey hey, go easy fellas, we have feelings too you know...

Sorry wildcat, just trying to make a point to one of your countrymen who thought he had jokes. If he is going to bring jokes, he better be able to take them.

No offense to you wildcat.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Yeah okay, like you Australians really have room to talk.

First of all you rarely build your own aircraft, you buy yours from the US. If you dont like the names of the US aircraft dont buy them anymore, build your own.

Second name me one Australian built aircraft with a decent name?

I cant.

Lets see here we go:

CA-1 Wirraway :lol:

CA. 12 Boomerang :lol: Who the hell would name an aircraft a Boomerang?

GAF N24/N22 Nomad :lol: A little better I guess.

PL-12 Airtruk :lol: Truk is spelled Truck

PL-12U Flying Mango :lol: Yeah I would be real proud of that one. "What do you fly?"....."A flying Fruit!" Real good one there....

CAC Winjeel :lol:

CAC Woomara :lol:

CAC Wackett :lol:

Ha ha,

I'm sure the German aircraft Industry is pouring out sufficient Aircraft for its needs, oh yes, the TYPHOON II. Maybe thats where the replacement will be the Spitfire II.

(Whats a Flying Mango??)

Wirraway = Challenge in the indigenous lingo.
Boomerang = An Aboriginal weapon.
Woomera = Another aboriginal weapon, used as a sling to throw a spear further.
Wackett = Named after Sir Lawrence Wackett, one of the first Australian Aircraft designers.
Winjeel = Young Eagle, a training aircraft.
You missed the Ceres, an Agricultural Sprayer,
The PL12 Airtruk, a New Zealand designed aircraft, when Transavia decided to upgraded it it couldnt use the same name so dropped the "C" .
The PL12U was the Airtruk with the spray tanks removed and 5 seats fitted.

Yep, we have to buy foreign aircraft, our peacable Nation of only 20 millions doesnt have the long military history af many others nor the need to waste it money on developing a first line military aviation industry.

Thanks for the list, I learned a little bit more.

Australia has a massive military history. And those in other nations respect the ANZAC contribution to any war. The ANZACs were, and are, well known to be brave and skillful in combat.

Australia would do itself a few big favours with a development of an aviation industry. It's not just beneficial for ones own military, but the developments can provide money from abroad in sales and technology. And create diplomatic ties. Australia is big enough, and has the money to create this industry. But it seems, along with Canada, they've not thought it through and simply buy American.

JeffK said:
Ha ha,

I'm sure the German aircraft Industry is pouring out sufficient Aircraft for its needs, oh yes, the TYPHOON II. Maybe thats where the replacement will be the Spitfire II.

Hey buddy before you comment, why dont you do some research here first. Im not German! I am a US citizen who was born and raised in Germany and still lives there while stationed there in the US Army. So maybe if you had done your research you would realize that that does not phase me.

Second the German aircraft industry is actually booming, especially when compared to the Australian.

JeffK said:
(Whats a Flying Mango??)

I dont know, you tell me. You guys named an aircraft after a fruit.

JeffK said:
Wirraway = Challenge in the indigenous lingo.
Boomerang = An Aboriginal weapon.
Woomera = Another aboriginal weapon, used as a sling to throw a spear further.
Wackett = Named after Sir Lawrence Wackett, one of the first Australian Aircraft designers.
Winjeel = Young Eagle, a training aircraft.
You missed the Ceres, an Agricultural Sprayer,
The PL12 Airtruk, a New Zealand designed aircraft, when Transavia decided to upgraded it it couldnt use the same name so dropped the "C" .
The PL12U was the Airtruk with the spray tanks removed and 5 seats fitted.

Still some pretty stupid names for aircraft if you ask me.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back