P51A part iendification ; help needed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DFM+BB

Airman 1st Class
Apr 17, 2009
Hello guys !

It has been a while since my last post on this forum, sorry about that.

I am trying to identify some parts of a P51A 43-617XXX ; see atached pics.

I have a little idea of the solution but I want to be sure of what I am talking about.
And as I know there is a great technical knowlege among ww2aircraft forum user's I am asking for some help.

radiateurs+moyeu.JPG
radiateurs (2).JPG
radiateurs (3).JPG

If any answer could be illustrated by some precise technical data it would be awesome.

Thank you guys.:D

Attachments

• radia3.bmp
    759.7 KB · Views: 197
  • radia1.bmp
    824.2 KB · Views: 198
  • radia2.bmp
    517 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Tank you for your answer.
Any ideas of his emplacement in the P51?
That is what I am looking for.

Flyboyj is right--it is the radiator. The early Mustangs had a "combination" cooler with the oil and coolant radiators together--just different sections. The radiators were located in the belly, just behind and below the cockpit--it the familiar scoop evident in pictures. From your pictures, it looks like you have both sections as well as a part of the propellor hub--but it is hard to say with just the one picture I can see of that part. If you need additional information, feel free to PM me...

Last edited:
So sorry 10tweaker,

I just forgot to answer and then time passed (one year !).
I feel so confused !
You are right this is the radiator from the belly. I'll PM you to get more info !

Thank you

The oil cooler is the 'circular' radiator item. The horse shoe shaped item is the Prestone cooler.

Thanks Tomo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back