P51B Mustang :Turning an old aquarium into a diorama

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Night Fighter Nut

Master Sergeant
Nov 3, 2009
Plano Texas
Greetings all,
I have been thinking on this for some time and decided to finally go with it... First off the stats...
Night Fighter Nut
Academy's P-51B
1:72nd scale
One old six sided plastic aquarium... Prior occupants have long since been deceased and turned to ashes.
Assorted ground work put together from stuff found from a model railway show in Plano Texas... You should see what they have there every year. simply amazing.
2yr old imagination. i.e. what do you mean I can't do that? watch me.

20181016_194600.jpg

Last edited:
Added information for intellectuals:
USAAF P-51B-1-NA, F/O Fred Glover
336th FS/ 4th FG, England, 1944

Oh, almost forgot. I found that I can stack these things which, for some, is a great space saving commodity. :)

Alright then, I'm back. Time to get this little tutorial started. Maybe I should put this in another area? I don't know.

Some time ago, I acquired a hexagonal 1gal aquarium. I looked at it and thought, "I could do something with this."

shopping.jpeg

This is about what it looked like but an older version minus the occupants.

At first I wanted to cut it into three segments and make three dioramas. I changed my mind when I considered adding trees. The smaller half became what you see above. The other half, which is 2/3rds taller, I decided to use with a 72nd scale Mig 3 I had built for my father-in-law who passed away a couple of years ago. This decision was made because of a cat I have that has destroyed the plane twice. Time for more drastic measures. As a side note, our cat is black and nicknamed, "Dark Matter."

20181110_115415.jpg

This should give you an idea of the size compared to the plane inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back