Pacific Theater P47 squadrons (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lv4142003

Recruit
Jul 22, 2009
I was at Barnes and Noble bookstore this morning and while waiting for the better half to make her purchase I happened on a softcover book about P47's. I don't remember who the author was , or the publisher (will have to go back and get a copy) but it was a fairly nice treatise on the P47. What prompted me to write is there was a couple of photos that I saw that I'm now looking for information on. One picture was a Razorback with a cowl painted 1/3 black, 1/3 yellow, and last third black, with a small inscription "Stinger V". it did identify the pilot (don't recall his name), but it said the photo was "15th Fighter Group, 7th Air Force collection" Does anyone know what outfit this was and where they were stationed and where I might find additional photos. A search of the internet turned up bupkiss. The second photo was of the 201st MEAF in the Phillipines. There is a nice profile of a MEAF acft in "Famous Aircraft of the World - P47 Thunderbolt" by R.J. Caruana, Squadron Signal distributes it. The profile shows the acft with US (Allied star and bar) marking AND Mexican markings along with the squadron patch painted on the cowl. The one in the other book has no squadron patch and the acft number on the tail as well as the cowl. Finally the question, is there anymore infomation on P47 action and markings in the PTO? Thanks in adnavce, Joe Hueber

Try these sites
P47Advocates.com
P47Pilots.com
P-47 Kitmaker.net

The last one has a "military" history forum topic section

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back