Paint brushes...... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Was curious, does it really matter what kind of brush you get? Because the ones I have now and have used for a while aren't even to be used for enamel paint but they are great. Does it matter? Because I was thinking of just getting 25 brushes online for 6 dollars that are for...

"Product Description
LOEW-CORNELL-This set is perfect for beginners students and professional artists alike! These brushes will work with most media; and they are great for fine art and craft work. An inexpensive way to get started or to add to the brushes that you already have. Each set contains: Golden Nylon Wash 3/4 1 Shaderr #2 and #10 Round #0 and #3 White Nylon Shader #4 and #6 Liner #0 Round #3 Angled Shader 3/8 Camel Hair Round #2 4 and 8; Wash 1/8 and 1/2 Sable Round #5 and 6 Bristle Flat #2 4 and 6; Round #3 Chip Brush 1 and 2 1 Foam brushes."

Depends what you're using them for. If you brush paint all your models and want a nice, smooth, streak-free finihs then I'd recommend getting a good set of brushes for this.

I just brush paint small details and I also use a brush for washes. The "eco-packs" are fine for washes. For small details, I've found the cheaper brushes to splay too much so I have one good quality fine tipped brushfor stuff like instruments and knobs.

I am no expert by any means B-17, but I found that sable brushes are far superior to just about anything. Particulalry for fine work, the last thing you want is a brush with hairs sticking out in all directions. As to brands types, I dont think it matters

I use acrylics mostly, because they are easier in my opinion. After i was the brushes, i "groom" my brushes by making the hairs all come to a point, and then i lay the brush flat. You can disfigure the brush if you leave it to soak too long. I imagine this would be the same if you are using thinners instead of water as your cleaning agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back