painting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
how do you guy's get the dark lines on the models where the rivet's meet.

As i only have the basic kit i.e. a few 14ml paints ( not all the right colours ) and brushes that's all the stuff i have :oops:

thanks for your patience guy's

Keith

If you mean the panel lines, then there are a number of techniques. The most popular are pre-shading and post shading, and the use of a fine pencil.
Pre-shading is a (sometimes contentious) matter of choice, which personally, I don't think is worth the effort, and involves painting over all the panel joints with a dark coloured line, before applying the top coats of colour.
The post shading and pencil work have been covered by Wayne, in his excellent illustrated tutorials elsewhere in the modelling section.
No need to apologise for the questions, that's what this section is all about, and we can all learn something, but only if we ask!

I agreee with Terry here.Try to find Wayne's tutorial and follow that. What is more I suggest training with an old model firstly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back