Paradoxes (Things That Contradict Themselves) Of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FECK< DRINK< GIRLS<FECK (Spam...isn;t it great???)

This one could be quite a good paradox....during WW2 the Americans sent Black G.Is over to England to be sent to Europe to fight and while they were over here the locals kinda got pissed about these black chaps chatting up and sh****** our women...there were some street fights and alot of black soldiers were killed....wasn't this exactly the kind of thing Nazis were doing? hating and killing people cos of their colour...i've often been puzzled about that...a nation such as England who fought for many years against the Nazis and yet whose population is capable of this mass hate and in some incidences, no better than the Nazis?

Opinions please? :?:

Perhaps it was more the shaggin and chatting up of our women that provoked us into beating the shit out of them.....not cos of thier creed nor colour....just a respectful thought! Population capable of mass hate??? No better than the nazis???? I thnk that in every breed of man you are going to get the fanatics.... they are in a minority and i honestly dont think that you can justify saying that the uk is as bad as the nazis......Granted we have facist movements alive but they are a mere puny voice against our civilised democratic country...

jj1982 said:
Perhaps it was more the shaggin and chatting up of our women that provoked us into beating the s**t out of them.....not cos of thier creed nor colour....just a respectful thought! Population capable of mass hate??? No better than the nazis???? I thnk that in every breed of man you are going to get the fanatics.... they are in a minority and i honestly dont think that you can justify saying that the uk is as bad as the nazis......Granted we have facist movements alive but they are a mere puny voice against our civilised democratic country...

there was alot of racism amoung british people during that period...we were very intolerant of anyone who wasn't white or english (why do you think so many elderly people are racist? they were the youth in those days) these weren't isolated cases and white G.Is (though unpopular) never did anything differently to the Black G.Is but they never got beaten to death :rolleyes:

and clearly fanatics aren't always in the minority...i think if they were then the third reich would never have been half the problem it was in the end

Well thats werid cos I dont ever remember hearing my granparents talking about how much they hated the americans during that time (infact ive never heard people from that time talk about americans in that maner) My granmother and her friends had upmost respect for them, and even told me a story where they used to cook the americans meat from their own rations.

Yeah, their generation remember America as 'the country who saved our arses', whereas the modern generation, with the benefit of hindsight, can see that the circumstances under which America 'helped' Britain during the war were very much geared towards their own national benefit, and that basically Britain was screwed over by the Americans, and has been ever since...

Contraversial I know - but that's the way it looks to me.

Not that I have anything against your average American citizen you understand, it's just their government and foreign policy for the last 65 years that pisses me off.

I totally agree with you! I know a few septics and get on well with them....perhaps they need to sort out thier administration!?

a septic is a type of holding tank that replaces the fact of "your waste" going into the sewers with the fact of "your waste" going into a holding tank that is cleaned every so often! i believe you mean skeptic :D

Reichsmarschall Batista

BatGirl said:
Well thats werid cos I dont ever remember hearing my granparents talking about how much they hated the americans during that time (infact ive never heard people from that time talk about americans in that maner) My granmother and her friends had upmost respect for them, and even told me a story where they used to cook the americans meat from their own rations.

Just because it was common doesn't mean everyone felt that way, your gran is obviously a decent person

I've read reports and there was alot of it going on - as i've said alot of Black G.Is were killed by mobs who hated them being there.
I don't know what kind of elderly people you used to work with (perhaps they were dead and no-one noticed ;) ) but i've worked with them lots before in hospitals and they usually always have a problem with coloured nurses or doctors

Not everyone from that period (obviously your gran was one of them) hated black people...but alot of them did - thats a fact

Huckebein said:
Yeah, their generation remember America as 'the country who saved our arses', whereas the modern generation, with the benefit of hindsight, can see that the circumstances under which America 'helped' Britain during the war were very much geared towards their own national benefit, and that basically Britain was screwed over by the Americans, and has been ever since...

Contraversial I know - but that's the way it looks to me.

As i said 'White' G.Is were welcomed as saviours but the Black G.Is weren't so fortunate :confused:

GermansRGeniuses said:
a septic is a type of holding tank that replaces the fact of "your waste" going into the sewers with the fact of "your waste" going into a holding tank that is cleaned every so often! i believe you mean skeptic :D

Reichsmarschall Batista

Its cockney rhyming slang mate - as we've said before...

Septic Tank: Yank

i.e American

septic tank>>>>what a wank>>>>>>yank>>>>>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back