Passenger plane crashes in Russia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

v2

Captain
Nov 9, 2005
Cracow
Nearly 150 people, including many children, are feared dead after a Russian airliner crashed in Siberia.
The Sibir Airbus A-310 plane was flying from Moscow when it crashed on landing at Irkutsk airport.
The plane reportedly slid off the runway and hit a building at about 0800 on Sunday (2300 GMT Saturday).
About 55 people were injured, Russian officials said. The plane was carrying 192 passengers and eight crew. All the crew were said to have died.
Many of the passengers were reported to be children travelling to the nearby popular holiday destination of Lake Baikal.
The aircraft appeared to veer out of control on landing.
It overshot the runway then crashed through a concrete wall, before hitting a building close to the airfield. It then broke up and burst into flames.

The death toll was 2 yesterday!!! Then they were saying it was a A390 that crashed :rolleyes:

My thoughts are with the famillies

Nasty sh*t really. This is really bad and I think of the poor family's who lost members of there family's.

I would like to know now that we are on the topic of airliners that crash, does any of you guys know anything about a South African Airways Boeing 747-300 named Helderberg that explode and crashed in the sea near Mariachis in 1987?

I ask because if you search on Google and nothing that can help me, it lookslike the South African Government is hiding something and I can not find any pictures of the aircraft after the salvage operation to find the wreckage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, not pleasant. Tiger don't see how they can say it was an A-390 when there is this pic of the crash which clearly says A-310...

_41865096_wreck2_ap_416.jpg

It may be on the Russian side where the fault was, but yes it is bullsh*t of them to tell a story before they know the whole story.

Henk said:
Nasty sh*t really. This is really bad and I think of the poor family's who lost members of there family's.

I would like to know now that we are on the topic of airliners that crash, does any of you guys know anything about a South African Airways Boeing 747-300 named Helderberg that explode and crashed in the sea near Mariachis in 1987?

I ask because if you search on Google and nothing that can help me, it lookslike the South African Government is hiding something and I can not find any pictures of the aircraft after the salvage operation to find the wreckage.

Any help would be appreciated.
maybe this will help
ASN Aircraft accident description Boeing 747-244B ZS-SAS - Mauritius [Indian Ocean]

go to that link I gave you the other day if it crashes they usually have the official story

I did mate and thanks very much it did help a lot, but I need more pics of the aircraft wreckage. You see because of the large scandal behind the aircraft crash it is very difficult to get any pics of the wreckage.

Henk said:
I did mate and thanks very much it did help a lot, but I need more pics of the aircraft wreckage. You see because of the large scandal behind the aircraft crash it is very difficult to get any pics of the wreckage.
try oceaneering international those are the guys that took the pics I checked their website there wasn.t anymore there but if you ask them you never know

who was the investigating agency the FAA didn't indicate it on their records does South Africa have an agency that is capable of the investigation
www.oceaneeringinternational.com which looks like they did the "recovery"
and the government that paid them I would guess owns the pics after reading the cvr and atc transcript it sounds like swissair 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back