Payen PA-22

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Payen PA-22 in German service Villacoublay-France 1942

Payen-PA-22-in-German-service-Villacoublay-France-1942.jpg
Payen-PA-22-in-German-service-Villacoublay-France-1942_01.jpg
Payen-PA-22-in-German-service-Villacoublay-France-1942_03.jpg
Payen-PA-22-in-German-service-Villacoublay-France-1942_02.jpg

Last edited:
That's what all the profiles show, but are there any pictures?

None that I could find Jim.
I'm assuming there was only a very short time between painting it, the wind-tunnel and then the Germans taking it?

Pa-112 above the Pa-22 (nearing completion)...

img107.jpg

Why are there red lines in all the otherwise great pictures?
My guess is to obliterate the swastika so it can be shown in Germany/Europe.

The others are probably company names who probably don't want to be associated with a Nazi aircraft.

Ruins a good picture! And anyone can find pics of a swastika if they have internet access.

But, governments do silly things. I fully understand not wanting to perpetuate the Nazi party, but blotting out the swastika doesn't change history. And we know that those who don't know their history lessons will likely repeat them.

Last edited:
Ruins a good picture! And anyone can find pics of a swastika if they have internet access.

But, governments do silly things. I fully understand not wanting to perpetuate the Nazi party, but blotting out teh swastika doesn't change history. And we know that those who don't know their history lessons will likely repeat them.
My thoughts exactly. We've had to cover the swastika up for news organisations from Europe where it may be shown in Germany. Better to cover the symbol than to cover up the history though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back