PBY-5A Takeoff / Landing Roll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MP-Willow

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2004
Saco, MAINE!!!!
Hello all I m working on an essy with the PBY as a prime feture, but I have not found the takeoff or landing rolls for the type. I am looking for the numbers on water and land. Also if any of you have information on H6K, H8K, Short Sunderland, or Martin PBM-5A, that would be great as well. 8)

Kiwimic, thanks for the link. It is fun to read and when eber one can read about a PBY it is a good thing. Do you have any thoughts about these great planes?

So all this is about the PBY so let us get to that!!!! These warbirds have been underloved for a long time. I am thinking of writing a story with a PBY in it, any sugestions? ;)

How's this for a plot?

Friedrich Ferret, our intrepid rodent hero, infiltrates an American dock and hijacks a PBY. Unwittingly, he takes along a passenger! Mechanic Joe Johnson is comfortably asleep, nestled into the well with one of the floats! Unaware of this intruder, Freidrich sets a course for Germany. Unfortunately, the compass is broken and he ends up having to land in Sweden, where his second cousin, Archibald Ferretgerson, lives. As the two talk of the good old days over pints of Guinness, Joe wakes up! Realizing his dilemma, he makes a mad dash for the sea, and begins to swim. Will he make it to England? Find out next week!

Well thanks for the idea, but I am working on a story that is more about a PBY that as been forgoten about and then rebuild. But your idea was cute. :)

MP-Willow said:
Well thanks for the idea, but I am working on a story that is more about a PBY that as been forgoten about and then rebuild. But your idea was cute. :)

Cute? Cute, you say? Sir, I have been insulted direly in my life, but never before so gravely as this. Retract thy statement at once!

No? Well then, draw thy sword, and say thee a last prayer!

:knight:

Crazy said:
MP-Willow said:

Cute? Cute, you say? Sir, I have been insulted direly in my life, but never before so gravely as this. Retract thy statement at once!

No? Well then, draw thy sword, and say thee a last prayer!

:knight:

To hell with the swords, I wanna see sawn-off shotguns ;)

WEll now Crazy, my sword is a 75cm Katana. Or if you truely fear the greatest of all blades I will give you a chose of a Naginata or English Halbert. :)

But in trueth if we are to deull in this forum it shoulw be with aircraft. So I will take a Spitfire Mk. IX ;)

Really the PBY story I am working on is only in an outline form. I do though have a little bit on the B-24, that I will post latter today.

True, but the shotgun you would have to look the other guy in the eyes, or at least see him.

My offer still stands! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back