Piaggio P.108

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i note the comparation with B-17G was unright, saw the operational time line of P. 108 need comparate with B-17F and E

Hi Marcogrifo:

P.108s are said to have made at least one claim for Mosquito shot down by defensive fire. Would you have any dates for such incidents?

Thx,

mhuxt

Hi Marcogrifo:

P.108s are said to have made at least one claim for Mosquito shot down by defensive fire. Would you have any dates for such incidents?

Thx,

mhuxt
Hi mhuxt,
sorry to say, I don't know anything about that story but the reported losses of P.108s during the few encounters with allied fighters.
Anyway, I'll ask on a well informed italian forum about your request.

Cheers

Thanks for that Marcogrifo, it's very kind.

The information I once saw posted re: this was apparently from Storia Militare" October-November 2002, but I've never been able to check.

Thanks,

mhuxt

Thanks for that Marcogrifo, it's very kind.

The information I once saw posted re: this was apparently from Storia Militare" October-November 2002, but I've never been able to check.

Thanks,

mhuxt
Ah, OK.
BTW I have both numbers of Storia Militare you mentioned and there's there a long article about night operations of axis airforce against allied landing force in Sicily in 1943: I read it again and I can say for sure there's nothing about Mosquito claims by P.108s.
And the same answer I got from people by italian WWII aviation forum: none knows nothing at the moment.

Cheers :)

Many thanks for that Marcogrifo, much appreciated.

If I can push my luck, I wonder if the article mentions anything about any Piaggio losses *to* Allied nightfighters?

In any case, thanks again for your time effort in checking the defensive fire information.

Cheers,

mhuxt

A few pictures from a variety of sources.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 168
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Squadron 022 - Italian Aircraft of World War II_Page_57.jpg
    Squadron 022 - Italian Aircraft of World War II_Page_57.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
VB, I have the Ali d' Italia book. Is there something specific you were looking for?

VB, I have the Ali d' Italia book. Is there something specific you were looking for?

Thanks verner for the offer. I was luckly enough to get a copy of it. It's an excellent book for what I need. The main thing now is looking for paint jobs.

Thanks again for the offer.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back