Pick Your Own Air Force

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was wondering about P-80 though. Made it to Italy before close of war.

as a purely token measure so the Americans could say they had an operational jet fighter in WWII didn't do anything until post war- NOT LEGAL!

I think he meant 9 catagories of planes not that you could only have 9 planes total.

no i did mean 9 planes in total, if you want lots of roles to be filled you'll have to pick multi-role aircraft! you don't have to be mark specific with aircraft though..........

Faster at altitude. 460mph max with 435mph in armed version. But I'd have to check. A bit faster than wartime Mosquito.

[Below is the Wikipedia pic. She looks brutally fast.]

QUOTE]

Best I could find is 435 mph with high performance engines (also from Wikipedia).

"With later models of the 222 it was supposed to have reached around 700 km/h (435 mph), again losing about 25 km/h for nightfighters. These -2 versions were considerably faster than the de Havilland Mosquito. The bomber versions flew at roughly the same speeds (depending on load), while the recce versions would have been about 25 km/h faster."

In any event, it seems to be an excellent recon. I am not sure that it would fit in this category. There doesn't seem to be a record of these high powered versions being built or used in combat.

Davparlr my memory did not serve me right. I was thinking not of the 44,000ft altitude max -388, but rather the -188. It had a max speed of 440mph for the T-1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back