Picking Mushrooms? Houby? Funghi?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

the lancaster kicks ass said:
actually pD i don't really care how i write on here, but in real life (no skimmey, this isn't real life ;)) i normally write with very good grammar.........

Dont you mean g rammar? ;)

English has got to be one of, if not the, most f*cked up lingos on the face of the planet. Face it. Almost continuously new "words" are added, and then you've got the American vs. British (and Canadian ;) ) spelling thing going on, just to confuse it even further. Then there's the different national and regional dialects, accents, inflections, slang...Oy! :confused2:

But French ain't no treat either. ;)

Not hard to speak per se, just damn hard to understand sometimes. I don't envy people learning it for the first time. Especially if they learned it in say the UK, and then moved to the US or Canada. Or better yet, Australia or New Zealand. Good luck! :lol:

LMFAO... I laugh and feel sorrow at some of the usage of the English Language here in the American South... Some of these Rednecks decimate the Queens Tounge to the point of not being able to comprehend what they say....

I understand NS, Med and CC better than I do alot of fellow countrymen...

So sad........ Mississippi Sucks Ass...

I see, they "Don't so much as speak the language as chew it up and spit it out" in the words of Stewie Griffon.

In some of the rural communities along the shore here, the way they pronounce certain vowels is a nightmare. It wasn't so bad up where I grew up, you can still make out what people are saying, but down towards the southern part of the province...Jesus! :lol:
It's a lot like the Maine Coast accent only worse, if you know what that sounds like.

cheddar cheese said:
Yes, Iambic Pentameter is common in most Shakespeare plays.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
in an iambic pentameter, it would be said almost rhymically, like a poem, and there would be ten beats, in 5 pairs, each par consisting of a short and a long beat.......

Nice one guys! I'm genuinely impressed - you're both going to go for A-Level English right?

Huh... English harder to write then speak maybe but if you compare the Romanic, Anglosaxon and Latino languages to Slavic ones, man that is fucking difference. I'd say Slavic languages are ten times harder to learn (to learn how to think and react in that particular langugae - that is for me knowing it) since eg. Czech has 7 cases, English 4 right. Also it has a double negation and you can freely combine, in a sentence, the words, is that how. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back