Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

屠竜Ki-45kai_c.JPG

Thanks guys.
I used to think that modelling the outer skin and the structure of aircraft would be same in the category of CGI but now understand they are different. The former should be more dynamic in rendering than the latter because they are more bird than machine.

My latest working table.
Modelling a machine :)

Working_table.JPG

There's quite a story to this one, but i'll shorten it if I can, It depicts in 1939, a 204 Sqn Sunderland after it had been forced to ditch in a rough sea, after a double engine failure, on contact with the sea, the port 'wing float' was torn off, some of the crew scrambled out on the stb wing to prevent it capsizing, Luckily a Dutch freighter had seen the flying boat come down and went to the rescue, a line was secured to a prop, it took off all the Sunderland's crew, which were later transferred to a destroyer, HMS Icarus, as soon as the line was released the flying boat turned over and sank. Phew. . . it's oil on canvas. Facebook
204 Sqn Sunderland.jpg
Uk-p-51.jpg
Short SA 4 Sperrin.jpg
Hawker Typhoon,.jpg

Last edited:
There's quite a story to this one, but i'll shorten it if I can, It depicts in 1939, a 204 Sqn Sunderland after it had been forced to ditch in a rough sea, after a double engine failure, on contact with the sea, the port 'wing float' was torn off, some of the crew scrambled out on the stb wing to prevent it capsizing, Luckily a Dutch freighter had seen the flying boat come down and went to the rescue, a line was secured to a prop, it took off all the Sunderland's crew, which were later transferred to a destroyer, HMS Icarus, as soon as the line was released the flying boat turned over and sank. Phew. . . it's oil on canvas. FacebookView attachment 575744View attachment 575747View attachment 575748
Any idea who did the Typhoon art? Really like that style.

RAF Blackburn Botha, a 4 seater reconnaissance/torpedo bomber that first flew in Dec 1938 as a competitor of the Bristol Beaufort. It was under-powered and saw limited operational use in reconnaissance and anti-sub patrols. Less than 600 were produced. same side.
Blackburn Botha,.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back