Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How a Norden Bombsight worked - Akhil Kadidal infographic same side
Norden Bombsight worked.jpg

RAF Blackburn Botha, a 4 seater reconnaissance/torpedo bomber that first flew in Dec 1938 as a competitor of the Bristol Beaufort.

Caption competition time: "The reason why the Botha was not suited for squadron use became apparent when Blackburn unveiled the type displaying its novel undercarriage design"

It was under-powered and saw limited operational use in reconnaissance and anti-sub patrols.

The Botha was never used operationally by the RAF. The closest it came to squadron service was individual aircraft were assigned to a couple of squadrons as transport hacks. Bothas equipped a few OTUs and MUs, but no front line squadrons for the purpose it was intended.

I know my modeling and surface finish of the P-38 is not accurate as It was quick job according to my instant inspiration.
That shows my impression for it as one of the most beautiful planes.

Thank you for the response. In this photograph if you look to the sides of the glare on the canopy, you might be able to see the haze of the smoke from the cigar the pilot was smoking. I was wondering if you took inspiration from this photograph.
EDTmk7xXsAAI8ai.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back