Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I remember a member of this forum once asked me to be his free tour guide again and again when I said "No".
I can't understand why this kind of one-way communication sometimes happen.
Does this rely on the culture or the personarity?
Anyone please advise.
Free tour guide??? And I suppose that s/he would have asked to stay in your home, if you were ok!!!

I generally offer to be someone's guide in Tehran, but not for free!

A direct insult, this behaviour is, IMHO.

Free tour guide??? And I suppose that s/he would have asked to stay in your home, if you were ok!!!

I generally offer to be someone's guide in Tehran, but not for free!

A direct insult, this behaviour is, IMHO.
That may be Asian style, ARTESH, as I can understand your feeling well.

As a lesson for the forum members,
a member from the country which is now under the war once asked me free translation for dozens of pages.
I tested him if he was serious by asking payment in advance and he had disappeared immediately. This is one of the reasons why I do not support his country.

There were many such boring cases about translation.
:)

That may be Asian style, ARTESH, as I can understand your feeling well.

As a lesson for the forum members,
a member from the country which is now under the war once asked me free translation for dozens of pages.
I tested him if he was serious by asking payment in advance and he had disappeared immediately. This is one of the reasons why I do not support his country.

There were many such boring cases about translation.
:)
Yes, the Asian Style!!! Sometimes, it's good to have guests, in our own home, but only for a short time...Even when I go to the other city, I don't go to my friends / family / relative's home. I hate it. Hopefully, with the current economic situation, they prefer to stay in their own home.

I've seen more "problematic" and "illegal" actions and requests [+18 ones] from some of Arab people, that I never heard from Russians or any other "Eastern Block" countries, even when they're high on drugs or alcohol.

Yes, the Asian Style!!! Sometimes, it's good to have guests, in our own home, but only for a short time...Even when I go to the other city, I don't go to my friends / family / relative's home. I hate it. Hopefully, with the current economic situation, they prefer to stay in their own home.

I've seen more "problematic" and "illegal" actions and requests [+18 ones] from some of Arab people, that I never heard from Russians or any other "Eastern Block" countries, even when they're high on drugs or alcohol.
Yes, short stay is a key point, thinking the relationship each other.

Guests are like fish

After three days they need to be thrown out

A manner book was published for the second generation of Japanese immigrants in the US aka "Nisei" in 1937 as they had few chances to understand not only the US but even Japan. This attempt to teach the samurai spirit seems to have led them to the 442nd regimental combat team in ww2 IMO.

Manner_book_for_Nisei_1937_01.JPG
Manner_book_for_Nisei_1937_02.JPG

Source: Common Knowledge of Japan-US Manners (1937)

A manner book was published for the second generation of Japanese immigrants in the US aka "Nisei" in 1937 as they had few chances to understand not only the US but even Japan. This attempt to teach the samurai spirit seems to have led them to the 442nd regimental combat team in ww2 IMO.

View attachment 719163View attachment 719164
Source: Common Knowledge of Japan-US Manners (1937)
I am baffled as to why there has not been a historical drama, of the quality of Band of Brothers, about the 442. There was never compromise with that unit.

I wondered who she was. Thanks for the information, pbehn.
The role with the sword comes from her being president of the privy council. That is a council of politicians and others who advise the monarch. The important thing about meetings of the privy council is that everyone stands, which keeps meetings short.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back