Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

While reading yesterday, I ran across this cool photo.

Attachments

• Bell's plant at Buffalo delivered over 2,000 Kingcobras to the Soviet Union. Here are a few hu...png
    Bell's plant at Buffalo delivered over 2,000 Kingcobras to the Soviet Union. Here are a few hu...png
    388.4 KB · Views: 15
The ad has reminded me of Matsushita Electric Co., Ltd. (present Panasonic) that used to be more popular than Sony or Honda as a leading company of Japanese industries.

D3Y Myojo - a wooden version of the D3A2 designed by Yokosuka Naval Air Technical Arsenal and built by Matsushita Aircraft in 1945.
D3Y_Myojo_00.JPG

Source: 50 Years of Matsushita Electric(1968)

D3Y_Myojo_01.JPG

Source: IJA/IJN Experimental Aircraft

D3Y_Myojo_02.JPG

Source: The Japanese Aircraft Visual Collection 1910-1945 Vol.3

D3Y_Myojo_03.JPG

Source: IJA/IJN Experimental Aircraft

Early production Ki-27b China 1938 with an army trainer in the background, Ki-9 or Ki-17, I lean to it being a Ki-9.On the other hand, noticing the stripes also makes me think it's a Ki-27 of the Manchuko air force.

Attachments

• Early production Ki-27b China 1938-1939 with a trainer in the background.png
    Early production Ki-27b China 1938-1939 with a trainer in the background.png
    290.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Early production Ki-27b China 1938 with an army trainer in the background, Ki-9 or Ki-17, I lean to it being a Ki-9.On the other hand, noticing the stripes also makes me think it's a Ki-27 of the Manchuko air force.
It's a rare pic I have not seen :shock:

護國長春壹號 = Gokoku Chosyun Ichi-go (ID: Defense of country Changchun no.1)

Manchukuo_flying_corps.JPG

Source: Wiki

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Unusual 13 on a He 111B 1which was used as memorial to the crew's mascot "Peter" who perished on a raid over Sagunta 1938 during the Spanish Civil War.

Attachments

• Unusual 13 on a He 111B 1which was used as memorial to the crew's mascot who perished on a rai...png
    Unusual 13 on a He 111B 1which was used as memorial to the crew's mascot who perished on a rai...png
    104.3 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back