Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ki-61-II's wing-tip lights.
Before restoration by Kawasaki in 2015, original holes for the color filters were sealed and painted unnaturally.
Based on a mold copied from the Ki-100 in Cosford, new filter covers were made.

View attachment 755249
Source: Records of Hien Restoration (Model Art in 2018)

View attachment 755247View attachment 755248

I wonder if the originals were made from glass. This comes to mind because when I toured the NASM Silver Hills restoration/storage facility the docent said the Japanese airplanes in the collection had real glass in the "windows". I never asked if this was true or not, but sided more on the negative. Is it true?

I wonder if the originals were made from glass. This comes to mind because when I toured the NASM Silver Hills restoration/storage facility the docent said the Japanese airplanes in the collection had real glass in the "windows". I never asked if this was true or not, but sided more on the negative. Is it true?
Interesting information, Jim :)
What I can answer is that Japanese called the acrylic plate "Plexiglas" in German.

A Quick one before I head out the door this morning. From the ASISBIZ site. No snow storms here.

Attachments

• USAAF Lend Lease Douglas A 20G Havoc during a snowstorm at Ladd Field Alaska 15th Feb 1944 NA1...png
    USAAF Lend Lease Douglas A 20G Havoc during a snowstorm at Ladd Field Alaska 15th Feb 1944 NA1...png
    155.7 KB · Views: 9
Ki-61-II-kai cockpit.

View attachment 755312
Source: Records of Hien Restoration (Model Art in 2018)
Is the inset, left most blue gauge for return coolant temp (left radiator/right radiator respectively), the yellow gauge coolant temperature entering the respective radiator, the next yellow (second from right) oil temperature Centigrade, and the red surround gauge (far right) oil pressure in Bars?

I think it must be the airspeed indicator beneath the turn coordinator? It goes around twice??

What is the 0-10 gauge with a blue triangle on top and red below?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back