Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

各務原ニ於ケル飛行演習開始ノ光景(其一)
A scene of flight drill at the Kakamigahara airfield (in the 1920s)

萩原一郎中尉 松本幸政一等兵曹同乗 昭和十四年六月七日鎮海攻擊ニ向テ進行中を撮影シタルモノ航空海上部隊ヨリ記念トシテ贈與セラルタル写眞ナリ 仝日ノ隊長萩原一郎大尉 操縦士一等兵曹松本幸政
Lt. Ichiro Hagiwara and Sgt.Yukimasa Matsumoto on the way to attacking Zhenhai on June 7, 1939. Photo was taken by the naval flight unit and given to both.

Here is more details with full size pic.

Those look like Nieuport 11's (possibly 17's) Interesting as I was unaware Japan operated that type. Were they License built? or imported?

These are the Nieuport 81E.2 or 83E.2 trainers. Both variants were build in Japan under a licence by Mitsubishi and Nakajima. The Mitsubishi Army Type Ko 1 (Nieuport 81) and the Nakajima Army Type Ko 2 (Nieuport 83).

Thanks Wurger, I still can not see the 2nd seating position on them, but I am sure it is hidden under the upper wing.

I see. But these Japanese Nieuports didn't have two separate cockpits but a long one for both the pupil and instructor. The requested pic isn't of the great quality but in the enlarged screenshots you may notice the long cockpit openings.

This is a 1:1 scale bike. Suit 9 or ten year old.
Made by a 75 year old gentleman.

Interesting part - the internal for the bell and speedo are the only parts not made entirely of wood.

Chain, wheels (no tyres) frame, seat etc.

That is scratch building. Best part is he is a short fella and he rode it around the display shed at the
local show a few years ago.

Some of my favorite subject this morning. The first photo was very vague on information. The second I have seen a few times. The third picture I first ran across when I was in fourth grade, so it's been out there. Everyone have a splendid day in your part of the world, and be safe!

Attachments

• AIchi D3A1s on deck..png
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • D3A1 and G3M, 11 October 1940.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Mitsubishi Ki 21 I Sally on its bomb run ASISBIZ.png
    327.9 KB · Views: 17
The one with D3A & G3M was in a combat mission or trainning?

Users who are viewing this thread