Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now I'm curious, how easy is it for you to read this? It's seijitai but it might be simpler because it's from a graph and not long literature.

Please don't actually translate it, I'm just curious if it makes sense to you.

View attachment 712311

No problem for me to read at all but, certainly, I wonder how it would be for my son.
If he should be interestd, I would teach him like "This word 瓩 is not used today but means kilo-grams."

No problem for me to read at all but, certainly, I wonder how it would be for my son.
If he should be interestd, I would teach him like "This word 瓩 is not used today but means kilo-grams."
Japanese younger guys still learn the ancient Chinese literature at high-school like I did decades ago.
There would be no problem for them to read either.

i-img1200x1200-15235085763ugzal25242.jpg

Source: RADWIMPS野田洋次郎「漢文の授業って本当に意味がないと思う。前時代的」

From 1966 to 1968 he was engaged in reproducing the mural paintings of the main hall of Horyuji Temple.
Hieda working on reproducing the 7th mural painting as a member of the project.
Takashi Asada from Musashino Art University (front) and Kazuho Hieda (back) circa 1967
asada_w_hieda.jpg

Reproduced painting
kondo07_re01.jpg

Hieda working on reproducing the 7th mural painting as a member of the project.
Takashi Asada from Musashino Art University (front) and Kazuho Hieda (back) circa 1967
View attachment 712597

Reproduced painting
View attachment 712598
Thank you, I had no idea that he had done work such as this. My mother was fortunate to have such a teacher!

IJA did not clarify data and Kawasaki only confirms the fact as a maker. General aviation records tell that there was a 15 hour non-stop flight between Japan and Taiwan in 1929.

Japanese cluster bomb Kurai(空雷).
I have not heard the Kurai but Mk3 bomb for IJN or Ta-bomb for IJA.

View attachment 711305
Source: Japanese Air Corps during the War(1969)
Japanese Zeros drop phosphorus bombs over B-24s

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Construction technologies for IJN during ww2.

Construction machines
View attachment 712898

Komatu Model 1 IJN's first bulldozer
View attachment 712899

Shelters for aircraft and torpedos
View attachment 712900
Source: Records of IJN Engineers (1972)
Your photos of the aircraft shelters are interesting to me because on a Cub Scout hike out of Grant Heights in Narimasu, we discovered a few of those shelters. Grant Heights was an American housing area that was built on a previous Japanese airfield. Our main street had been its runway.

Your photos of the aircraft shelters are interesting to me because on a Cub Scout hike out of Grant Heights in Narimasu, we discovered a few of those shelters. Grant Heights was an American housing area that was built on a previous Japanese airfield. Our main street had been its runway.
Interesting testimony, Neil.

Narimasu Airfield. Red circle shows one of 25 shelters.
Narimasu_Airfield.jpg

Shelter
Narimasu_shelter.jpg

Source: 『陸軍成増飛行場(高松飛行場)の掩体壕』

Grant Heights
Grant_Heights.jpg

Source: 6:陸軍の飛行場から、新しい街へ ~ 石神井 | このまちアーカイブス | 不動産購入・不動産売却なら三井住友トラスト不動産

Users who are viewing this thread

Back