Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

D4Y2 'Ko-DY-29' Naval Air technical Arsenal, Yokosuka 1943 WIKI
D4Y2 'Ko-DY-29' Naval Air technical Arsenal, Yokosuka 1943.png

I accidentally learned something about a former Neighbor today, unfortunately Joe passed away about 10 years ago, so cannot ask him about his Coast Guard Service during WWII. He lived about 4 houses down from me on the same street, we spoke when we where out, and bonded over cars, and dogs. We would mostly see each other when walking our dogs in the summer months.
I found out he was one of the few survivors of his Cutter when a Hurricane that hit the east coast the US in 1944, his ship was one of several the storm claimed that week. I ran across this picture of him recovering from the ordeal with his fellow survivors from the cutter Bedloe. I can not imagine the ordeal these man and so many others endured during that time. :pilotsalute:
survivors_bedloe-uscg-photo-1248.jpg

source warship wednesday – laststandonzombieisland

I had always thought that Wanda was a fish.

The things one learn here.

😉

The legend of the Wanda who didn't want to get married the German is the one of the oldest legends in Poland. She committed suicide by throwing herself into the Vistula river. So it could be true about the fish. ;) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back