Picture of the day. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And I believe that Japan, and some other countries, used and still uses the ISO standard format of yyyy-mm-dd though that does not apply to the Eva Braun photo
Depends on how old you are.
My Mom (who was Japanese and in her mid 90's when she passed on a few years ago) used to date things that way, but younger generations tend to yield to the european style. Some convert to the American style, when in America or speaking to an American.

Thanks for the clarification.

Twentytwo years ago when I took over document control at PX I wrote all the new docs with that format only to have a Australian CASA auditor write me up for using "an idiotic dating system." My response was to refer him to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Org) Annex 1 page x para y which required all documents to be dated that manner. After I blew away several of his other non compliances with Australian CASA "standards" as non compliant with ICAO standards we had a very long talk and became good friends as he was an old aero engine fanatic so we had a lot in common.

Twentytwo years ago when I took over document control at PX I wrote all the new docs with that format only to have a Australian CASA auditor write me up for using "an idiotic dating system." My response was to refer him to ICAO (International Civil Aviation Org) Annex 1 page x para y which required all documents to be dated that manner. After I blew away several of his other non compliances with Australian CASA "standards" as non compliant with ICAO standards we had a very long talk and became good friends as he was an old aero engine fanatic so we had a lot in common.
Just use the Julian date!

I get accused of using them Silly Numbers by some of my American friends.
I don't have any trouble using metric, but a metric tape measure, get rid of All of them.
I fook up more than my share of measuring and marking!
When drafting for engineers, I had one tell me Metric was more Accurate than Imperial/English. :banghead2:

The Julian day for 26/03/1938 is 2428983 plus point whatever for time of day.
It is the number of days plus fraction from noon on 1st January 4713 BC.

Computers stored what is called a Julian date early as it took less storage than Gregorian. This
was calculated as the number of days since 1970.

The Julian calendar introduced in 45 BC got the leap years wrong and was replaced by the
Gregorian calendar in the 1500's. Some still use the Julian calendar such as the Russian orthodox
church and at the moment it is about eleven days out of whack.

The Gregorian calendar is based on Lunar cycles and is 29 seconds out per year.

The solar based Hijri calendar as used in Iran and Afghanistan is the most accurate.

You're welcome.
Interesting how friends are made, sometimes.

The solar based Hijri calendar as used in Iran and Afghanistan is the most accurate.
Yes, It's most accurate one in use, today.

Thanks to these guys:

Some interesting facts:

The exact time of Nowrooz will be repeated every 2820 years, down to milliseconds.

Calculations claim that calender has an error of 1 day, every 4,761,905 years. The error for European calender is 1 day, every 3,226 years.

1942 i edited the boobies.

1691229869890.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back