Picture of the day. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

British Named Female Shipyard Worker (Mary Waters)

1708944794752.png

1708944837582.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
beta&t=fB9SrGehrJRiOk8znv14LjYhmzNwrIziWqyfFarqWuU.jpg

Flying Officer Zdzisław Henneberg, Flight Lieutenant John A. Kent "Kentowski" and Flying Officer Marian Pisarek, all from No. 303 Polish Fighter Squadron, standing by Hurricane Mk.I (RF-F, V6684) at RAF Leconfield, Yorkshire on 24 October 1940. Hennerberg was killed in action on 12 April 1941 and Pisarek was killed on 29 April 1942. Kent survived the war and died on 7 October. (IWM CH 1531)

beta&t=VrH1g3TcyHHJGtLCVn_8iD1aiIRD1B3zoptX4af8pGc.jpg

On November 25, 1941. A Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero, launched a lethal torpedo attack against the mighty HMS Barham. The incident occurred just around 48 kilometres north of Sidi Barrani, Egypt, close to the border with Libya. The Sparviero's torpedo hit one of the magazines of the battleship, causing a catastrophic explosion that shook the sea and resulted in the rapid sinking of the HMS Barham. The event was captured in remarkable photographs, preserving the moment for posterity.

Credit: Social media

View attachment 765842

On November 25, 1941. A Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero, launched a lethal torpedo attack against the mighty HMS Barham. The incident occurred just around 48 kilometres north of Sidi Barrani, Egypt, close to the border with Libya. The Sparviero's torpedo hit one of the magazines of the battleship, causing a catastrophic explosion that shook the sea and resulted in the rapid sinking of the HMS Barham. The event was captured in remarkable photographs, preserving the moment for posterity.

Credit: Social media
Spectacular image.... but wasn't HMS Barham sunk by a U-Boat? I know it's Wikipedia, but I tihnk it's accurate here: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...usg=AOvVaw1gpjrxY4CwihNt8f4uRPVe&opi=89978449

Users who are viewing this thread

Back