Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Daily Mail jingoistic? Surely not!

(Yes....that's dripping with sarcasm!)
The only thing I read in the Daily Mail are the comments which are frequently funny. They cannot get into their heads that jets are aeroplanes but not every aeroplane is a jet. almost every article on a WW2 plane refers to it a jet somewhere, even if it is a DC3.

The happy German women and their liberators in Berlin .. a propaganda shot, 1945 ...

View attachment 468678

Most likely told to smile or be raped again. You can tell that the one in the middle is extremely stressed and notice how the one closest to the camera seems to be squeezed into submission. "Brave comrades indeed." I hate watching those crappy old news reels from WW II praising the Soviets, even more so when I realize they were produced by Communists.

Last edited by a moderator:

U.S. Army troops move through the German town of Blankenhain, wiping out any last remaining pockets of resistance by the Germans. A dead German soldier lies on the sidewalk between two American soldiers, killed in action defending the town. Blankenhain, Thuringia, Germany. April 1945

I read somewhere that that is the original unpublished photo with the 2 watches. Apparently Uncle Joe didn't like the idea of showing looting to the world and a doctored photo showing only one watch was released to the world. I'll see if I can find the article

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread