Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The ugly little tank flapped its tracks and suddenly took off becoming a beautiful SwanView attachment 469469

Having been in a tank that drove at reasonably high speed (for a tank) into a ditch, I can tell you I'd HATE to be in that Cromwell when it landed.

Fantastic photo, though. Just trying (and clearly failing) to keep up with all these great posts.

Having been in a tank that drove at reasonably high speed (for a tank) into a ditch, I can tell you I'd HATE to be in that Cromwell when it landed.

Fantastic photo, though. Just trying (and clearly failing) to keep up with all these great posts.

Im guessing as its a staged photo that only the driver was inside well strapped in and with some form of padded headgear on. Yes he is going to get a hell of a jolt when it lands.

Street fighting in Gelenkirchen Germany. Interesting that the PIAT gunner is also carrying a spade, I suppose if Tanks were coming you could make a firing position quite quickly from rubble.

px-British_infantry_in_action_in_the_streets_of_Geilenkirchen%2C_Germany%2C_December_1944_BU1335.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back