Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

2002.337.019_1.jpg

Eh, trust me, I'm far from perfect myself. :)
My problem is i have forgotten more than i know and sometimes being lazy i rely on the net for facts and descriptions. Thats why i have no faith in it. If i had a pound for every false claim/detail that didnt match the machine in question i'd be rich. Plus i have to admit the P-39/P63 isnt my strongest field. Strange how the British adopted the car door style canopy on early Typhoons but quickly discovered it to be extremely dangerous especially when bailing out. Yet the Russians loved their P-400/39/63's. I wonder if maybe it was in the mentality. A bit like the Japanese if you follow my drift.

IMHO Russians loved the P-400s for their performances , armament, radio set of very good quality etc... comparing to the soviet stuff. The car door style canopy made no difference for them especially they were considered one-flight pilots by Stalin. Each of them could stay alive longer than being flying the russian planes of the guestionable quality..

IMHO Russians loved the P-400s for their performances , armament, radio set of very good quality etc... comparing to the soviet stuff. The car door style canopy made no difference for them especially they were considered one-flight pilots by Stalin. Each of them could stay alive longer than being flying the russian planes of the guestionable quality..
Thats kinda what i was thinking. That they were, and even considered themselves expendable if not capable of winning the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back