Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rostov a damaged soviet KV-1 tank, 1942

Rostov a soviet KV-1  tank 1942.jpg

the pic source: the Internet.

Nothing unusual about a hand crank, most WW2 era vehicles had a provision to use a hand crank.
In case of a low battery, or extreme cold.

You can see the hand crank hole on the front of many 30-40 cars , tractors had them maybe well into the 80's.

Looks like a hand crank on the front of that truck.
My folks had a 1946 panel truck when I was a little tyke, and on cold mornings out on the farm when the 6 volt electrical system wasn't up to the task, my dad could be heard "a cussin' and a crankin' and a bustin' knuckles" in order to not be late to school. The panel truck soon gave way to an Army surplus Willys Jeep of WWII vintage with a block heater, and then he got to school on time.
Cheers,
Wes

Nothing unusual about a hand crank, most WW2 era vehicles had a provision to use a hand crank.
In case of a low battery, or extreme cold.

You can see the hand crank hole on the front of many 30-40 cars , tractors had them maybe well into the 80's.
Triumph TR-4As had the hole through the grill and the radiator until 1967. Not sure if they sent the cranks to the US :)

Triumph TR-4As had the hole through the grill and the radiator until 1967. Not sure if they sent the cranks to the US :)
I had a hand-me-down '64 TR-4 when I was in the Nav. It had the crank hole, but the crankshaft pulley lacked the engagement fixture to put the crank into. What a fun little car!
A buddy had a TR-5 (TR-250 in the US) with the fully independent suspension and we used to go out and "rat race" and "tail chase" out on the coral marle by the abandoned sub pens. My solid axle TR-4 could out-corner his "independent" TR-5.
Cheers,
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back