Picture of the day. (40 Viewers)

The prototype YB-29-BW with a temporary armament fit consisting of a Erco ball turret in the nose, twin .50 package guns below the cockpit, and a standard tail turret.

View attachment 593076
Didn't they test 20mm cannon in the tail position at the time, too?
 
Curtiss SB2C Helldiver from USS Essex (CV-9) flying over Yap, Caroline Islands, after the Japanese surrender, 28 August 1945.

SB2C+Helldiver+from+USS+Essex+(CV-9)+flying+over+Yap,+Caroline+Islands,+after+the+Japanese+sur...jpg
 
One of my favorites, the Curtiss-Wright CW-21 Demon. Among the others of domestic design and manufacture are the Martin Maryland and the Vultee Vengenance. These are birds I feel never got much respect from the country of their origin, and have been forgotten by pretty much everyone here except for modellers and historians.
1598740529986.png
 
My hide is thicker than a Crocodile hide so I'm not bothered. I've said it before and I'll say it again, forums are no place for the easily offended. If you were all perfect, I'd be waiting for you to walk on water. I tried that once. Only once.:)

If this topic doesn't bother you, why are you reacting to it?
You will explain crocodile skin to BLM activists when they make you kiss your feet :)
 
Because I had the enjoyment of your reaction. As for the BLM swine, to hell with them. ALL LIVES MATTER.

If my reaction gives you pleasure, then you are concerned. When did you lie? :)
I also believe that all lives are important, and I fully agree with you on this issue. In 2014, a Ukrainian journalist said that in the place where I live, in the Donbass, 1.5 million extra people, some of them need to be killed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back