Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pyotr Antipov went through the whole war - he burned three times in a tank. In January 1945, his tank came under enemy fire in Poland ... Hoping to save himself, he jumped into a small trench. He recalled, "I jumped up and there was a frightened German with a machine gun - he shot me point-blank and cut off my left arm, it was hanging on the strings. The trench turned out to be a camouflaged passage to a dugout filled with Germans. They didn't waste bullets on me, but hit me with rifle butts. To be sure they shot me in the head with a pistol."
Petya lay unconscious in a trench for five days. By what miracle he survived - no one knows. Doctors had to cut off the 24-year-old's left arm to the root, his right hand and both legs... After returning home, Peter began to master prosthetics, learned to walk, and even to write by clasping a pencil in the split stump of his right hand.
And then he got married, graduated from a technical school and academy, and worked in forestry all his life. He created an oak forest, unique for the Leningrad Region, which in his lifetime was named after him!

Users who are viewing this thread