Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SBD on the USS Hornet at Midway

Douglas SBD Dauntless, 8-B-11, USS Hornet, Midway.jpg

Europe's biggest passenger airliner landed at Croydon Airport opening the three hour daily service with Berlin. It is a four engined Junkers 90, carrying 40 passengers at 220 miles an hour. A view of the New German Junkers 90 airliner, showing its size compared to other airliners at Croydon, London, on August 1, 1939.

europes-biggest-passenger-airliner-landed-at-croydon-airport-opening-the-three-hour-daily-serv...jpg

Europe's biggest passenger airliner landed at Croydon Airport opening the three hour daily service with Berlin. It is a four engined Junkers 90, carrying 40 passengers at 220 miles an hour. A view of the New German Junkers 90 airliner, showing its size compared to other airliners at Croydon, London, on August 1, 1939.

View attachment 791245
Besides the DH.91's & the AW, I think that is a rare Bloch MB220 just to the right of the Junkers, Great Picture.

Besides the DH.91's & the AW, I think that is a rare Bloch MB220 just to the right of the Junkers, Great Picture.

Absolutely exact. Bloch 220 n° 17 (last one of the first and unique batch) F-ARIQ "Roussillon". Later to Lufthansa D-AXWG then D-AUAL.

Opposite side, two DH 91 Albatross, G-AFD? and G-AFD? (!) and two Armstrong Whitworth AW 27 Ensign.

Absolutely exact. Bloch 220 n° 17 (last one of the first and unique batch) F-ARIQ "Roussillon". Later to Lufthansa D-AXWG then D-AUAL.

Opposite side, two DH 91 Albatross, G-AFD? and G-AFD? (!) and two Armstrong Whitworth AW 27 Ensign.
You are right there is a 2nd AW 27 in that picture! Any idea what the High Wing Monoplane or Biplane is just behind the AW's? I was thinking a Handly Page HP 42? but the wingtip does not look like it or does it look like a Fokker to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back