Please help ID this WWII NOS Electrical part

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Denny Tattoos

Recruit
Apr 21, 2012
I found this part at a rummage sale. In the bag where the part was found were the note that is also attached, 3 brass cartridges from a 50 cal. machine gun and 2 shoulder patches from the 10th Mountain Division.

Any help would be appreciated.

Denny

Attachments

• Airplane 001.JPG
    Airplane 001.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Airplane 002.JPG
    Airplane 002.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Airplane 003.JPG
    Airplane 003.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 210
Not sure what the .50BMG casing reference refers to in this instance. A .50 "Browning Machine Gun" case is what most people would call the "bullet" without the full metal jacket covered lead projectile.

What you have, I do not know, but it almost looks like a wiring panel of some sort perhaps. There are eleven posts (or studs) and I can't tell if the posts have horizontal holes through them or not on either side of the panel. I'm thinking that an "11 stud" panel piece is not related to a supposed .50BMG setup (odd number) for such a small panel assembly.

Interesting that the panel proper does not indicate any wear on the panel mount flathead screws. Makes me believe that whatever it is never saw any real service. Screwdrivers are notoriously not "angle ground drivers" and thus will bugger any head with even a single use. Only specialized screwdriver heads are flat ground.

Any other markings or angle shots for us?

Otherwise assuming your assessment that it is truly related to .50s airborne architecture, here is a crude guess of for electrical attachment points...

Attachments

• 50bmg schematic.jpg
    50bmg schematic.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I am uneducated on this stuff to say the least. I don't think that the .50 Cal. Brass probably has anything to do with the electrical component other that to date it. And yes I believe this part was new and has never been used. The note that was in the bag and is pictures seems to indicate that the component was a piece that Aunt somebody had made during her WWII job. I have included another photo of a different angle showing the holes on the backside.

Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• part 001.JPG
    part 001.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 269
Hi Denny;

Hard to say where this item came from. Terminal blocks like this are usually manufactured as "standard parts" and were used in any number of aircraft unless it was aircraft specific and bore a part number specific to that aircraft. Any other numbers or stamps on the part?

Thank you. I remembered I have a friend who has a brother that is a Mustang mechanic....if I learn more I will post it. I appreciate the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back