Polish Authorities to Detonate 12,000 Pound British Tall Boy Bomb from World War II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I particularly like this part:

"Ahead of the operation, officials had noted that it would have a 50-50 chance of success."

I may be wrong, but is not the proper interpretation for "It will either go off or it won't"?:oops:

Last edited:
I particularly like this part:

"Ahead of the operation, officials had noted that it would have a 50-50 chance of success."

I may be wrong, but is not the proper interpretation for "It will either go off or it won't"?:oops:

I heard a similar probability statement when being sold a raffle ticket one time. I asked the seller "What are the odds in this contest?"

The clever seller replied, "50-50....either you win or you lose........now how many tickets would you like?"

I bought one.

I heard a similar probability statement when being sold a raffle ticket one time. I asked the seller "What are the odds in this contest?"

The clever seller replied, "50-50....either you win or you lose........now how many tickets would you like?"

I bought one.
Let me guess, you lost, does that mean I win because I guessed right?

You think? :lol:

What the media reported:

Lewandowski said the bomb is now considered safe.

What the man actually said:

Lieutenant Commander Grzegorz Lewandowski, spokesman for the Polish Navy's 8th Coastal Defence Flotilla, said: 'The deflagration process turned into detonation.
'The object can be considered neutralised, it will not pose any more threat to the Szczecin-Swinoujscie shipping channel.'

Still somewhat "Captain Obvious" (Lt. Cmdr Obvious?), but not quite as dreadful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back