Polish Authorities to Detonate 12,000 Pound British Tall Boy Bomb from World War II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was wondering, burning it makes a lot more sense. If it is in the canal proper they could build a cofferdam around it and do whatever prep work they need to do in open air, then let the water back in if that works best. I do not know if it would be better to burn it while exposed to the air or underwater?

A BBC News report states that the bomb detonated during attempts to defuse it today.
Thankfully, none of the personnel involved was harmed, but the blast was felt in the town of what was Swinnemunde (can't spell the Polish name !), and a huge column of water erupted ( no kidding ??!!).
Apparently, there is a video of the explosion somewhere, which, no doubt, will show up eventually.
Absolutely amazing that no one was hurt or killed, and good to know that all involved are safe.

That's the ka-freakin'-boom I'm talking about.

Now that's how to go fishing!
When I was logging in the 80's, the camp superintendent thought it would be a good idea to give us idiots the key to the powder shack thinking we would use the dynamite for road work. Instead, we would take a stick down to the fishing hole, tie it to a rock and throw it in. It would stun most of the Dolly Varden in the pool but they recovered shortly after the blast (small ka-freakin'-boom). The three or four that were right beside the dynamite when it off had the blood line that runs down the spine smashed, no recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back