Pop Quiz on Old Car Songs

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

davparlr

Senior Master Sergeant
Mar 23, 2006
Southern California
Test your knowledge of old car songs. Don't look up the answers for first response.

This is to find out how many old geezers there are out there. For you youngun's this is a good chance to learn some really good driving songs!

Hint: If there are boldface words in the question, it is the title of the song. If no boldface, ya gotta name the song and answer the question. Also, each question can stand alone and may or may not have the same subject of the question above it.

1. What did the little ole lady have in her garage?

2. On what street did the little ole lady like to race?

3. Where did the Beach Boys take their G.T.O. to race?

4. Why was the T-Bird taken away?

5. What kind of car has a 409(not in the song)?

6. What was the drive train setup in the 409?

7. What was the singer driving in the race to Dead Man's Curve?

8. What was the competition driving in the race to Dead Man's Curve?

9. Why did Tommy drive that last fatal stock car race?

10. Why did Teen Angel go running back to the car?

11. What car pulled the Little Cobra to the track?

12. What was there plenty of at the track that the Little Cobra had to beat?

13. What did the Little Deuce Coupe have as an engine?

14. What was one more thing the owner of the Little Deuce Coupe had that would make you flip your lid?

15. What was under the hood of the car that Shut Down the competition?

16. What car has a 413 and was Shut Down?

17. What special system did the 413 have that didn't help it not get Shut Down?

18. When the little Nash Rambler went "Beep, Beep", what kind of problem was the driver having?

19. What was the make of car that Maybelline was riding in (trick question)?

20. What helped the singer catch Maybelline?

21. What town did the Hot Rod Lincoln pull out of?

22. Where did the Hot Rod Lincoln get passed by a Cadillac?

23. Why did Leader of the Pack crash (motorcycle song)?

Extra point question. This is a later country song.

24. What kind of car has a 455 Rocket?

25. What did the 455 Rocket grow up hatin'?

I am amized at how much of this I should know but don't.

5) 409's were in Chevy's
21) The Hot RodLincoln was coming from San Pedro
22) The Hot Rod Lincoln was going up the Grapevine Hill when it was passed by a Cadillac

We have 1,2,4,5,21, and 22, although I need No. 1 to be more specific, and what is the title of the song.

7- Stingray
8- Jaguar
11- Cadillac
12- Jaguars and Vettes
13- Flathead Ford V8
14- Pink slip- the car was paid for.
18- the car was stuck in 2nd gear
19- Cadilliac

The song doesn't say it was a hemi, in the Little ole Lady from Pasadena. It just says 426.
The song come out in 1964, at that time Dodge and Plymouth was making a high performance 426 wedge engine too, and that's what it put in most of it's super stock drag cars. Dodge Polaras usually. The Dart was a smaller car that the factory didn't drop the hemi in for a few more years later on. Though i'm sure several hot rodders had much earlier.

The 426 hemi come out later in 1964.

Yeah, my guess would be the Polara, to be honest, it's about the only factory super stock they provided at the time AND assuming the Little Old Lady had a "store bought" model and wasn't out in the garage wrenching on a project! :lol:

Well, I was looking for "brand new shiny red super stocked Dodge", but the engine discussion is interesting. It seems both the ramcharger 426 wedge head and the 426 hemicharger engines were produced in '64, so, it could be either, I think. Most of the clones, apparently not many originals exist, are 330, which are 100 lbs lighter than the Polara. Old racing photos show both type (Polaras only came with HT, 330s had sedans).

Wouldn't you like to have any of these cars in your garage?

Wouldn't you like to have any of these cars in your garage?
Most of those cars would worth a fortune today, but to be honest, about the only car on the list that I would be interested in, would be the Lincoln :lol:

I've owned some great cars (and trucks) over the years and I regret ever selling any of them now although I still have my 1966 Mustang and my 1962 Nova so I'm still in pretty good shape.

It was actually a Model A with a Lincoln engine. Still nice to have. I have a real fondness for the first issue cars like 60 Corvair, Falcon, Valiant (ugly but probably, with that big dependable slant 6 and torsion bar suspension, the best engineered one of the three), 61 F-85, 62 Chevy II like you have however most have been hot rodded, and 1962 Fairlane 500, which I remember from drivers ed, liked it. We also had a 62 Studebaker Lark but it seemed to kinda fall to pieces.

There are now eight questions unanswered

3. Where did the Beach Boys take their G.T.O. to race? This question has two errors. Name them.
6. What was the drive train setup in the 409?
9. Why did Tommy drive that last fatal stock car race?
10. Why did Teen Angel go running back to the car?
16. What car has a 413 and was Shut Down?
20. What helped the singer catch Maybelline?
23. Why did Leader of the Pack crash (motorcycle song)?
25. What did the 455 Rocket grow up hatin'?

Here's a video to help answer no. 25 because, well, because you need see a cool video and great song! You don't need to buy the pillow. There are two automobile errors in the video, see if you can spot them.

Google

10- Went back to the car to get her high school ring, or her boyfriends high school ring.
23-too fast on a wet road.
25-Chevrolets.

That's a 59 Olds in the video, Olds didn't come out with the 455 till 1968.
There'd be no problem dropping a 455 in a 59 Olds though.

Last edited:
10- Went back to the car to get her high school ring, or her boyfriends high school ring.
23-too fast on a wet road.
25-Chevrolets.

That's a 59 Olds in the video, Olds didn't come out with the 455 till 1968.
There'd be no problem dropping a 455 in a 59 Olds though.
Very good! And you are right, you could probably drop a Merlin under the hood of 59 Olds! :) There is one more auto error in the video. Look closely at the prop at the end of the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back