Possible End of the ww2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lanc... Probably the Japs did steal the Idea...but they also improoved it... The British attack was consisted of 2 waves, while the Jap attack had originally been consisted of 3 waves... The fact that the Jap Admiral (Nagumo if my memory serves) only approved to 2 attack is due to the missing most important carriers from the American fleet...They were out of the harbour doing drills(i think), so the Admirall considered that he had done the best he could and decided to withdraw his forces before the americans would be able to engage them... It was a masterplan...even though the americans did know about a Jap attack they weren't able to predict where and when it was due to happen...

delcyros said:
He, Adler, it is not only your family , who pays the bills. My too (and we are from eastern germany). And you would wonder, how much comes to the people. I believe, most goes into infrastructure projects and into the pockets of a very few persons. But I completely agree with your post.

I probably should have written my post differently, I may have come off the wrong way. I dont want you to think I have a problem with East Germany or the people who live in it. I really dont. I just think the reunification was done wrong. Like making the East German Mark 1 to 1 with the Deutsch Mark. I think that at first the borders should have just been opened and the wall torn down. Over a period of years it should have gradually been reunified. This way there is less strain on the people in both Eastern and Western Germany.

Can I say something??? Adler... Take this from someone who was condemmned to be born in an Eastern Block(Ex Communist) country... The way Germany has evolved since the end of the seccond world war is a model to eastern countries... For example... Germany was at the edge of bankrupcy at the end of the war and now it has become one of the leading ecnomic powers of the world... I consider the german people some the most inteligent humans to walk the planet... I'm not interested in buttkissing, I'm only being honest... My country has been strugleing for the past 16(since the fall of Ceausescu) to become a Western Country, and even though it isn't an Eastern one most Western cultures consider it one of the most poor and undeveloped country in Eastern Europe, which is not quite true... So you should be lucky your country managed to come out clean after beeing torn appart by 2 sepparate wars...

Mark = DMark. Silly, You are right. I was just thinking of some kind of condederation between both german nations in 1990 and a later voting by the peoples could open the way for reunification. That would be much better. (the 1 to 1 change only worked for the first 1000 Mark) My girlfriend did succesfully flee the GDR by swimming 45 miles out in the Baltic sea. And I was in Berlin on the very day the Wall was taken down. Historic. The way it was done politicly opened a source for much misunderstanding between people, which is still present. Anyway I use to have very close friends from east and west, and that is what finally counts.

Aren't you alltogether the same people... You have the same hystorical background... Us romanians are in a way the same... The Moldova Republic was once part of Romania till Russia stepped in and decided it would take it away... Why? What drives this decisions???

delcyros said:
Mark = DMark. Silly, You are right. I was just thinking of some kind of condederation between both german nations in 1990 and a later voting by the peoples could open the way for reunification. That would be much better. (the 1 to 1 change only worked for the first 1000 Mark) My girlfriend did succesfully flee the GDR by swimming 45 miles out in the Baltic sea. And I was in Berlin on the very day the Wall was taken down. Historic. The way it was done politicly opened a source for much misunderstanding between people, which is still present. Anyway I use to have very close friends from east and west, and that is what finally counts.

I was in berlin also the same day! I remember the people pushing down the walls and the hugging and the drinking, it really was a great site. I still have several very large pieces of the wall that I took home that day.

hellmaker said:
Aren't you alltogether the same people... You have the same hystorical background... Us romanians are in a way the same... The Moldova Republic was once part of Romania till Russia stepped in and decided it would take it away... Why? What drives this decisions???

Yes we are the same people, East and West, Germans, however you have to understand that for almost 50 years they were devided. A western philosophy to the west and a Communist East run by a Soviet puppet government. There were different ideologies formed by the people in the East over the people in the west. But the whole time, the desire and the dream to runify was very strong and it was only a matter of time till this happened.

Yes....that is true... In our case we have been sepparated from the beginning of WW2... It's all the same story... wether we like it or not... but in our case reunification is not understood by all people... Being both countries under communist puppet guvernment in some way we think the same but in other, completely diffrent...this is on of those others...

My stepmother actually is a Siebenbuerger Saxon from Romania. They are more German then Romanian though. They come from Brashov (I dont hink I spelled it right). Very neat though, I used to go with her and visit Romania once a year.

You were very close tough... :) ... It's spelled Brasov (Brashow auf deutsch)... Nice... :) And how did you found Romania...? Is it as unevolved as westeners say???

I like the Bucovina(?)... And YES, it was very undeveloped (at least on my excavation site), we had no cars, just a few horses. But indeed very funny! I like it.

We drove from Germany and it was quite undeveloped, the roads were unpaved but it was very beautiful and the people were amazijngly friendly. I once went to Constantinople when I flew my aircraft to an airshow there, it was quite fun and we broke and had to stay there for a few extra days.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
We drove from Germany and it was quite undeveloped, the roads were unpaved but it was very beautiful and the people were amazijngly friendly. I once went to Constantinople when I flew my aircraft to an airshow there, it was quite fun and we broke and had to stay there for a few extra days.

Hmmm... Ich denke nein... Ich weiss nicht wo hast du gefliegen... :) ... aber Constantinople gibt nicht mehr, und auch war es nicht in Romania (Es heist heute Istambul... :) )... Villeicht hast du zum Constanta gefliegen, neben die See... Dort gibt die Kogalniceanu Flugfeld...

Und auch Romania ist nicht so unter entwickelt... :( ... Ihr haben kein recht... :cry:

I think it is a beautiful country my friend dont worry. I just remember driving on a lot of dirt roads and taking a very long time to get there. Whenever we go there we take our Jeep and not our Mercedes so that we dont get stuck anywhere, but I love Romania dont worry.

And you are probably right we called it Constanza in English, I just went back and looked at the flight rought papers.

I'm shure I would... I have a friend near Munchen that I havn't see in a long time... And I'd like to see you national museum of aviation...

mosquitoman said:
Hows about this one:

On the Eastern front, the Germans put up much more resistance so no Kursk and Stalingrad is taken. This of course leave France much less occupied so the Allies invade, taking Berlin. No cold War, no Cuba.

How about this,

What if the German army didnt pull up short of dunkirk and wait as they did, and they kept on going instead - this would have been a major disaster for us - We would have had the majority of the BEF captured. even though most of them returned, and they didnt have their arms, at least we had the troops.

Then if the luftwaffe hadnt switched from attacking our airfields to cities instead. due to the damage to our landing fields, we would have had to pull ALL our aircraft north of the thames giving the germans that air superiority for operation sealion that they needed. If the Royal navy had tried to interfere with the landing operations, they would have been mauled by the luftwaffe in the same manner that the Prince of Wales and the Renown were in the far east with the Japanese aircraft. With the German Blitzkrieg tactics and our troops short of arms I dont think that we could have held on for long. then the WHOLE of Europe would have been under their control. and the USA would have been hit by the U-boats constantly along their eastern coastline. and the Japanese would have taken over the East and also put pressure on the states on thier west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back