Possible End of the ww2

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were, interestingly, before we sent our harriers out to the falklands, the french let us perform some mock combat with their mirages and they really were no mach for the harrier........

The Harriers infact met the Mirage in combat over the Falklands and did a great job. But we need to get back on topic Please!!

As for Rommal he was hamstrung anyway be the command structure and that his officers were not as free to react on thier own. The war would have been a lot different I think, or been atlest longer. If the beaches were to be held by the Germans say for a bit longer and the German Airforce able to have some luck or help from the "Divine Wind" then he landing might have been a lot different. ;)

HAS ANYONE EVER SAW THE MOVIE FATHERLAND? (See plot below)

Fictional account of what might have happend if Hitler had won the war. It is now the 1960s and Germany's war crimes have so far been kept a secret. Hitler wants to talk peace with the US president. An American journalist and a German homicide cop stumble into a plot to destroy all evidence of the genocide.

Summary written by Rob Hartill

"Fatherland" shows a world where Nazi Germany won the Second World War after repulsing the Allied invasion at Normandy. Now, in the 1960's, Germany continues to fight a bitter guerilla war with the Soviet Union and desperately needs an alliance with the United States in order to finally beat Stalin's war machine. However, when local SS-homicide detective Xavier March begins investigating the mysterious death of a Nazi Party Official, a coverup is revealed involving the Jewish Holocaust of World War II. With the assistance of an American journalist, March probes deeper and discovers the full truth about what happened to the Jews; a truth that could destroy the peace process with America and a truth that Nazi and SS leaders will stop at nothing to keep hidden.

cheddar cheese said:
That sounds like quite an interesting film. Ill have to look out for that one.

Was made in 1994 -

Attachments

• 10m_178.jpg
    10m_178.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 636
I think it was a great alternate history story that tells how it could have ended. I thought it was neat how all the reporters were in Berlin because President Kennedy was coming there to meet Hitler. Great story though.

AND REMEMBER - THAT WAS PRESIDENT JOE KENNEDY, JFKs father! He wanted to sell out the Brits at the beginning of the war. WHAT A SCUMBUCKET! :ahole:

FLYBOYJ said:
AND REMEMBER - THAT WAS PRESIDENT JOE KENNEDY, JFKs father! He wanted to sell out the Brits at the beginning of the war. WHAT A SCUMBUCKET! :ahole:

I agree. Imagine though seeing the Beetles at Nurnberg's Soldiers Field with the eagle and swatzika having not been blown off of it. That would have been crazy. :rolleyes:

You know what's funny, It seems like many historians side step this situation because of the "Kennedy Legacy." Thank god Roosevelt removed him as ambassador, he was a real scum bucket and showed his boys alot of neat dirty tricks, but that's another story!

FLYBOYJ said:
You know what's funny, It seems like many historians side step this situation because of the "Kennedy Legacy." Thank god Roosevelt removed him as ambassador, he was a real scum bucket and showed his boys alot of neat dirty tricks, but that's another story!

True again.

Trackend, thanks ;) I was woundering if any one would say anything.

Question for you all, would the end of the war have been any different if FDR did not die in office?

Ok Just wanted to ask.
Yes I think he would have dropped the bomb, but I think he worked better with Churchill and Stalin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back