Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I originally posted these back in 2014, in one of my museum tour threads, but worth another look here.
This is in the entrance hall of the RAF Museum, Cosford, and is a hand-built beauty, by the same chap who built the Spitfire model in the RAF Museum, Hendon.
I can't remember the scale, but it's big !!!

PM 1.jpg
PM 2.jpg
PM 3.jpg
PM 4.jpg
PM 5.jpg
PM 6.jpg
PM 7.jpg
PM 8.jpg
PM 9.jpg
PM 10.jpg
PM 11.jpg

Model by John Payne....

"Custom What-if Dornier 335 Racing Plane based on Tamiya's 1/48 Do-335A. This is a project I've been trying to get right for at least a year, and this is in fact the second try. The first try used Testors Model Master Stoplight Red Metallic, but I messed it up, and it's out of production. I stripped it with Easy Off, and tried other colors, but the model was too messed up by multiple strippings. Then my Alps decal printer died, and I sent it off for fixing and had to wait.
Starting over with a new model and a repaired printer, and a lot of trial and error in the rear view mirror, I managed to get through the build fairly quickly. The base color is Duplicolor Ford Toreador Red from a spray can. Props and exhausts are Alclad chrome.
The decals use a reflective silver layer under the colors."

FB_IMG_1663568607240.jpg

FB_IMG_1663568609819.jpg

FB_IMG_1663568612684.jpg

FB_IMG_1663568615574.jpg

🥰😍😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back